Days

//Clay pov

Days and days go by.

Clay's feelings only grow.

It also happens that he learns Blueberry Eyes on the keyboard he owns in the basement.

And the Dream Team starts to pull apart.

George has been sleeping in Clay's room, napping in there more than he sleeps in his own. Sometimes they end up falling asleep for the night together.

It all just depends. Clay could swear that George looks at him differently- something in those blue eyes shimmers when he sees him. But it's probably just Clay's imagination.

There's been moments where Clay could've swore that George liked him back. It was almost obvious in those moments, like there was no need to even worry. But Clay still did.

Especially when George starts to ignore him, bit by bit. It eats Clay from the inside out, feeling this new wall build up around George. It hurt his heart to even think about it. He had been so close, it was almost reachable but... all that had changed. Slowly and quickly at the same time.

Clay tried asking Sapnap, but he wouldn't tell him. Sapnap knew both sides of the story. It would be rude to pick one and not help the other, so he just kept to himself.

Clay had promised himself that he wouldn't put Sapnap in the middle of it, but it was inevitable. He had to know what was going on, and of course Sapnap knew. But he wouldn't tell him.

It got in the way of all three of them. They slowly stopped eating dinner all together, they slowly stopped watching TV together... it all just stopped.

It hurt Clay more than anything. If it meant anything, he would rather keep the dream team together and sacrifice his feelings. He felt alone, and isolated. He just wanted to talk to George, but he shut his door. Stopped taking naps in Clay's bed. Stopped leaving his room, only to leave the house. It was devastating for Clay.

The way George's eyes were guarded now. The way Sapnap was quiet. It wasn't right, it didn't feel real to him. He would wake up and think everything was fine, but he left his room and felt the atmosphere change. It was 1 pm and everyone's doors were closed. No one was out and about.

His only outlet was the keyboard in his basement,which is as lonely as it sounds. He learned Blueberry Eyes, and he can't stop playing it. It was stupid. It was dumb. But it made Clay feel safe in the house of walls.

One afternoon, days later, he couldn't handle it anymore.

He had just come up from the basement. The air felt different. Something in Clay twisted. It didn't feel the same as it had. Though it's been the same for quite a few days now, something is odd.

Clay is finally determined to do something about it.

He gathers his thoughts, takes a deep breath, and walks to George's door.

He hesitates, hand floating in the air, looking stupid as ever. He breathes heavily. Why am I so nervous?

Suddenly, he hears something, through the door. It's faint, but Clay can hear it when he's this close.

Crying.

George is crying. No, no, no, no...

It hurts him. His heart shatters, his face falls. It hurts him more than being ignored. It pains him so much. His heart hurts, his stomach hurts, everything hurts. Not George crying. I can't take this.