Fixing

//clay pov

"I should go alone, I think," Clay says to George before leaving his room.

George nods and Clay shuts the door behind him.

He strides into the open hallway, and stops in front of Sapnaps door. I have to fix this.

He hesitates for a moment before knocking subtly on the door.

Sapnap replies, "Come in," but he doesn't sound very enthusiastic.

Clay pushes down on the door handle and walks in, shutting the door behind him.

Sapnap's on his bed, on his phone, eating something that looks like chips. The lights are off, and the only thing illuminating the room is his colorful light that he got from amazon.

"What's up, Dream." His voice reads unexcited.

"I'm sorry, Sapnap," Dream starts. "Really, really sorry. Can I explain everything?"

"Yeah. Just start with why you guys fucking abandoned me."

Clay's heart twisted. In all honesty, he really did not mean for Sapnap to be the one punished in all of this. The last thing he wanted was for Sapnap to get hurt in between them.

He figured he might as well cut to the chase, to not leave Sapnap waiting or wondering. He took a deep breath. "I'm in love with George. You know that. I'm sure George talked to you, too, earlier... but... I don't know, anyways—"

"He didn't."

"Oh? I thought..."

"No one talked to me, Dream." His tone scared Clay.

"I'm sorry. I really really am so fucking sorry. The last thing I wanted was for you to be in the middle of all this. I should've known it was inevitable... I regret it and I'm sorry."

Sapnap nods, and turns off his phone. "Sit with me? We can talk."

Clay feels a relieved smile grow on his face and he goes to sit next to Sapnap on the bed.

"So you guys.... what? Are you dating now?"

"Yeah." Clay smiles to himself, fiddling with his sweatpants drawstrings.

"How did that happen?"

"It's been crushing me all week, you know? I missed you guys, and I couldn't handle it anymore, so I went to go talk to George, because it just hurt so bad that I couldn't wait any longer, and I heard him crying, and then I really couldn't take it. So I went in and he was crying because he told me that he had grown feelings for me and he had tried to suppress them because we were all friends and he didn't want it to get in the way of all of us... but it ended up doing just that. So... then I, uh, confessed... we both did, and we..." Clay hides his face in his hands, "...we kissed."

"Wow," Sapnap says. "I see. So George fell in love with you and didn't want to face it so he just locked himself away and started ignoring us? And then we all got sad so we just collectively stayed in our rooms and ignored each other?"

"I mean, yeah, if you put it that way... that's exactly what happened."

"So you guys are in love. And I'm just here."

"I guess?"

Sapnap smiled. "Cool."

The atmosphere was comfortable. Sapnap wasn't as mad as he was before. They both felt a huge weight lifted off their shoulders. The air felt lighter now. Sapnap was accepting, obviously, as he always had been.

They sat there for a bit, together, not saying anything. But it was perfect.

short chap :]

still more to come i believe <3