CHAPTER 2 ANTONIO 9:45pm

"What are you doing?"

The police man grabs my wrist and yanks me away from my mother.

"He needs to leave now."

I look at my mother's face; Her eyes are puffy and red. She reaches for me clumsily. "He's MY son." She says drunkly.

The officer guides me into his car, away from her. "Im sorry ma'am." He says. "But its what's best. The longer he stays here, the more he'll get corrupted."

I stare out the window of the car, listening. My mother glances at me from the porch were she stood, and rudely, I look away without saying goodbye.

The police man walks to the car and gets in the drivers seat. He beeps the horn as we drive off down the road.

-- 10:12pm

I jump from my bed, banging my elbow on the dresser and hitting my funny bone. I look around the room alerted, then I sigh in relief.

"Antonio," My Grandmother hurries into the room. She frowns. "Are you alright? I herd a loud noise."

I nod without looking at her and she sighs softly. "Well, if you want to talk about anything im always here." She says and closes the door slowly.

I cross my arms. "There's nothing to talk about.." I mumble.

I've had flashback dreams every once and a while; Since the day I got adopted and came to live here about a year ago.

My phone vibrates under the covers. I maneuver myself so I can reach it and I look at the screen.

(WES 2sec ago:)

'Meet at the corner' it says.

I slip into my jeans and sneak out the house.

*****************************************