TW: Continue with caution if you can get easily uncomfortable.

Noelle POV

     Raise the stakes?

     I side glanced at Niall. He had a confident look on his face.

     "Raise the stakes how?" Niall asked. His Irish accent was thicker than usual from the alcohol. I thought it was extremely attractive. My sober mind would have pushed that thought down, but I accepted it at the moment.

Claire had a devilish smirk on her face as though she could read Rusty's mind.

To be honest, I don't get why Rusty was popular. He drank too much, smoked too much, and he was ugly. I hated looking at his face, so I looked at Niall's face instead. Niall's side profile was handsome. His nose was perfect. I could look at it all day.

"That bitch has a crush on the Irish freak. Look at those heart eyes" Claire said loudly. Claire was the kind of girl who called every other girl a bitch. She's a bitch.

Niall quickly looked down at me. My slow reaction time didn't allow me to pull my eyes away fast enough so he saw the way I was looking at him. He just looked back at me. He didn't show any emotion, but his blue eyes seemed a little brighter than usual.

I turned my reddening face away and tried to hide it by looking down. Then Rusty's stupid mouth opened and said,

"How about this; we'll see who can do more body shots in 15 seconds."

Body shots? I don't even know how to do those. Was Niall doing it off of me? Was I doing it off of him? I've probably already had enough to drink for my first time being drunk.

"Ok. Let's do it. But what do the losers have to do?" That came from Niall.

There were a lot more people in the kitchen wanting to get a closer look at what was happening. Because of popularity reasons, more people were rooting for Rusty and Claire.

"How about the losers have to kiss underwater in the pool out back."

My limbs stiffened. Kiss? I'd only ever kissed one guy. And that guy was standing in front of me with a big stupid grin on his face. God I hate Rusty with a passion.

"Kiss underwater? For how long?" Niall asked. I got his attention by squeezing his arm. He looked down at me and I gave him a don't-make-me-do-that look. I still wasn't confident that we were going to win. My head was still swimming. He then mouthed "hold on" to me and gave his attention back to Rusty and Claire.

"For.... 30 seconds," Rusty said. I let my mouth fall. I can't hold my breath for 30 seconds. When I was little, me and my mom would do 'holding breath' competitions at the community pool. I was always up in 5 seconds. I always lost.

"Ok." Niall agreed. My eyebrows furrowed as I registered what he said. What? I'm not doing that.

"What? Niall, I can't do that. What the hell." I said. I stepped away from Niall a little and looked up at his face like he was crazy.

"Come on Noelle. If you're scared of kissing, I can show you how it's done." Rusty's voice aimed at me. He did not just say that. I knew he was calling me out from our past. He brought it up with Claire beside him, but when I looked at her, she seemed unbothered. She was holding in a laugh. Oh, it is so on.

"Let's do it," I accepted. A few people around us cheered. People started to clear the counter off. I still wasn't sure how in the world a body shot was done so I decided to copy what Claire did.