10

Noelle POV

      "Wanna go back to my place?"

     I woke up suddenly to a massive pain hammering my skull. I twisted in the damp sheets. Damp? I furrowed my brows with my eyelids squeezing tightly shut and making creases.

I heard a sleepy grumble come from beside me and my heart almost shot out of my mouth. My mind ran wild and tried to grasp at any memories from last night. I tried to think of who might be making the dip in the bed next to me.

I was terrified to open my eyes. I was terrified.

But I had to.

Slowly turning my body around in the sheets, with my eyes still glued shut, I faced whoever was lying beside me but kept my eyes closed. My heart was racing. In the seconds I was maneuvering myself, I thought of all the things that happened last night.

I had my first shot, my first blunt, I did a shot contest with Niall- oh my god.

I opened my eyes, and there he was. Still asleep. He was laying on his side, facing me. His face looked gentle and relaxed. His lips were slightly parted and I noticed his freckles. How can I wake him up and interrogate him when he looks so comfortable?

     I lay back on my back and tried to answer the loudest question in my mind.

What happened after the kiss in the pool?

FLASHBACK

    The two of us gasped for air as we entered the real world again. I rubbed my eyes before the water got in them and caught a glimpse of Niall. His hair was a mess. His quiff was gone and was replaced with his messy strands laying flat against his head.

He looked completely shocked and out of breath. I couldn't blame him. That kiss was amazing. I started to laugh at the whole situation. The craziness of it all. My laughter grew and I heard Louis yelling,

"You guys fucking got 1 minute and 4 seconds! Holy shit! Now get out of the pool and let's party!" Louis was standing at the edge of the pool with his friend from the kitchen. He didn't look familiar to me.

"Wow. That was something," Niall breathed out from beside me and then added with a chuckle, "I don't think I'm drunk enough anymore, though." He started swimming his way to the stairs and I followed. He was doggy paddling and I let out an out-of-breath giggle.

We made it to the steps to get out of the pool and climbed up. My clothes were weighing me down.

"This seems familiar," I said to Niall sarcastically, referring to the previous night where we were soaked by the rainwater.

"I was thinking the same thing." He grinned.

I saw Louis and his unfamiliar friend approaching us. "Harry probably wouldn't want you to go drenching his mothers' furniture. Let's just stay outside and leave the sliding door open for the music," Louis said.

     "I'm Liam by the way. I just moved here a few months ago. It's nice to meet you." He held out a hand. He seemed friendly. At least friendly enough to not mind Niall and I's wet hands shaking his own.

     "It's nice to meet you too," I greeted him.

      "How about some more pot?" Louis suggested with a crooked smile that shouted that he was already very high.

     "And more beer," Niall added.

     Louis and Liam left to go inside and get the requests. Niall and I stayed outside. It was quite uncomfortable being in wet shoes. I could deal with the clothes, but the shoes were awful.

      "I bet you weren't expecting to do that when I told you about the party this morning," Niall says, making conversation. We walk over to an empty pool table and plop down.

     "No, no I was not. But it is a party. Aren't you supposed to end up doing something dumb?"

     "It's only fun when you do."

      There was a small silence before I stated the obvious, "we just fucking kissed underwater for over a minute. I don't even know how I did that." I leaned back in my chair and crossed one leg over the other.

     "Honestly neither do I. It wasn't bad though. I'd definitely do it again."

     I looked into his eyes and was about to say that I'd do it again as well, but I heard a yell from Louis who just walked through the back door.

     "Order up, my wet friends!"

I laughed at his choice of words. Louis and Liam came over and set the items down at our table. There were 4 bottles of beer and 4 rolled-up blunts. Niall reached from his seat and grabbed a bottle and started to down it.

"For the lady." Louis handed me one of the rolled papers. I hesitated for a second but took it anyway.

"You know this would only be my second one," I told Louis. He looks a little surprised at my words.

     "So that one during your 'moment' in the kitchen was your first one? I never would have guessed." He said to me.

     "Oh yeah, and by the way," Louis turned to Niall, "You would have won the contest if Rusty wasn't already an alcoholic. I was for sure rooting for you two to win."

     "Thanks, Louis." Niall held up his bottle to 'cheers' to Louis.

     Liam held up a lighter in front of me and flicked it on for me to light my blunt. I nodded my head in thank you and held it over the flame until it caught fire a little. I've seen people do this in movies before.

     "Noelle, do you want to head home in a little? My clothes are getting uncomfortable." Niall shifted in his seat and tugged on his shirt.

     Before I could agree or disagree, Louis blurted quickly, "you can't leave yet. If you weren't the only wet ones, would you stay?"

     I don't think it would make a difference honestly, but I wanted to know what that meant. "What do you mean?" 

     "Are you going to wet yourself?" Niall joked as Louis got up from his seat and walked over to the pool edge. I watched in awe and confusion.

     Louis whirled around so his back was facing the water and held his arms straight out. He began to fall back. He folded just before he hit the water with a splash.

     Niall jumped from his seat and immediately followed Louis and jumped in yelling, "WooHoo!"

     Liam and I wanted to see them in the water, so we stood and fast-walked to the edge and looked and saw the two idiots.

     Liam looked at me and asked, "you wanna go?"

     Hell yes, I did. "Do you wanna go?" I turned it around to Liam. He answered me by jumping in.

     "I guess I'm going last," I said to no one in particular. I took a deep breath and cannonballed.

     "Noelle?"

    END OF FLASHBACK

     I was awakened from my thoughts by Niall's tired voice calling my name.

AN
OMG SHE'S IN BED WITH NIALL

Does that mean.....???

Stay tuned!!!

Love you!

                               -Jxx
(February 24,2021)