17.

"Im just trying to protect you!"

"I never asked for your protection!"

"And i'm not giving you a choice!"

"Well i'm giving you two of them. Either you let me be with who the fuck i bloody want or you walk out right now and never talk to me again because i'll be damned if i ever let someone else decide what i do with my life! You do not own me Draco!"

"Fine. Date the bloody Gryffondor, i won't stand in the way"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He didn't. But Meli did not trust him yet. She was scared he would go behind her back to push away Louis. So she didn't do anything. They had two weeks before the school year finished and she spent the first of the two in a weird-awkward-unclear situation with Louis. She didn't take him up on his offer to do something this summer because he said he would write to her.

However, she took great pleasure in mentioning she was looking forward to it in front of Draco.

The boys face tensed every time and his hands formed themselves into fists. But he didn't say anything and that seemed like an improvement.

They were now in potion class and Meli was looking eagerly at the clock on the wall, ticking and tacking. Since Professor Dossi regularly taught them Defense Against the Dark Arts when Professor Lupin couldn't, Meli's patience towards the teacher dropped and dropped at every class. Especially when the older woman started teaching them about werewolves, interrupting the class in their learning about evil vampires and how to keep them away.

Meli loved learning about vampire and she didn't like to learn about a lot so she wasn't particularly pleased when Professor Dossi took away the only class in the week she was looking forward to.

30 minutes left, thought Meli.

"Meli Hiddleston, I swear to Merlin if you don't pay attention to what i'm doing, i'll kill you with an explosion by accident." said Jane. She was holding some plants in one hand and with the other kept her hair out of her face.

"I'd be grateful."

"Not before the end of school though, we've got these great outfits to wear on the last day." Jane said, not missing a beat.

Meli fought back a smile and turned to the caldron, realizing that Jane actually could've caused an explosion if she hadn't asked for help. The blond girl began to laugh, her friend confused.

"Jane you are so bad at this."

"Nooooooo, really? Thanks for telling me, I didn't know!" said Jane rolling her eyes and leaning back in the chair, leaving place for Meli to arrange the potion.

The two friends always worked in a team. If one of them was better at something they were doing in teams, they would just do most of the work and explain later to the other. Professor Dossi didn't like it even a bit.

"Miss Hiddleston, could you explain to me and the class why your partner isn't doing anything while the rest of the students here are working?" asked the woman, eyebrow perfectly arched over her eye.

"See Professor, i thought i would spare the class another Finnigan. We wouldn't want the explosions coming from both end of the room, now, would we?" answered Meli. The professor and her both new the only reason Jane wasn't firing up more caldron was Meli's presence.