The Swagger Track - Chapter 9

** 𝙸 𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚜𝚗𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚍𝚞𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. 𝙸𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢! **

Andy squinted her eyes shut as the ice like rain slashed through the air, sending a shiver down her spine. Tears streamed down her face with every footstep she took. She was running. She didn't know where, but she definitely knew why. Anger shredded her up as the images of that day flooded her mind over and over again. She felt like she was trapped, like her life was going to end and she knew how, but didn't know when. It's horrible isn't it? That feeling of anticipation. It eats you up inside. It eats you up until you're an empty, emotionless robot, always in pain. We've all been there. We all know someone like that.

ROBERT POV -
I was nervous. She hadn't called in days. She hadn't seen anyone at the station for nearly a month and she'd been skipping shifts at the job she fell in love with. She was never home but her car was always there. Dwelling on it every second of every day, my heart ached for her. Sat in my office chair, i swivelled round to stare out the window. Rain. I could feel the rain. Warm, dry and comfortable, I could feel the rain. I felt lifeless. My head flopped into my hands and I wanted to cry, but no tears fell. I needed to cure the pain. I needed to find her. I needed Andy. I loved Andy.

MAYA POV -
"Sir?" I could tell he was angry.
"What do you want Bishop?!" His voice was bitter, but the pain in his voice glared out at me.
"I just came to see if you've had any news." I already knew the answer, and i twinged with sadness and the words fell out of my mouth. I couldn't work. I had to do something but it was too hard to be here without here. Robert shook his at me in silence. He gestured for me to come in. Reluctantly I stepped through the door, shutting it behind me.
"Are you okay, Sir?" He looked at me blankly. His expression was empty and his eyes were dull.
"No." He whispered in a hoarse voice. "The way I see it, we have two options! Numero uno, we go to the chief, get some leave and then we go to the police - get a search and rescue team on the case and we can hunt around all her favourite places. Or there's option 2 - we sit here every minute of every day, the pain eating away at us, and wait for her to come home. What sounds best to you?" His tone stung, but not as much as his words.
"Well then?"
I widened my eyes and looked up. He knew. A look was enough to tell.

RIPLEY POV-
"That's quite a big ask guys." The pair looked at me, and for not for the first time since, I see the fire burning up inside of them, the anger reflecting on their eyes.
"We'll do you not care about your subordinates, or do you not care enough about your best friend to want him to have the love of his life back?!" Sullivan was louder now, and I was relieved. I could see it, I could understand his emotion. Bishops face was blank.
"L- L - love of your life? I never knew you two were that serious?!" Now I could see emotion with her too. I let myself relax and broke out a small smile. I was so happy they were finally starting to heal.
"Well we WERE trying to keep it on the down low." I could see he regretted saying that. Soon all 3 of us burst into laughter.
"On the ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʟᴏw!"
"WOW"
Tears streamed down our faces for what felt like hours before the finally left my office in a rush to start looking for Andy. I smiled. I had to help, in some way or another, and the wide grins spread across their faces somehow told me I had.

POV VIC -
The station had been strangely silent recently. Without Herrera here, it feels kind of eerie. After all, she is usually the loudest and honestly, sometimes there were days when you could tell every single person resented her, no matter how much they loved her, but now, everything seems so empty. I miss her. Suddenly I heard a loud clatter from the kitchen. Jumping out of my seat slightly, Miller startled at me being startled. "Calm down, it's just Travis dropping the pans again." Gibson rolled his eyes at me.
"Look Vic, I know this has been hard on you, but don't think it hasn't been hard on all of us. I get it ok, we're at the end of a double shift, you're tired, you miss Andy. We all are, we all do, so don't take that out on the rest of us. Got it?" 99% of the time, I hated him. Cocky, arrogant, rude.
"Ok whatever MOM!" I heard him mutter under his breath but couldn't quite make out the words.
"Jack, respectfully, shut up. We all know you love Andy..." Dean trailed off and he looked up at me. I froze in the doorway, my hand pushed up against the door. I felt my eyes widen and I dropped my plate.
"What- did - you - what - oh - no - oh - my - god - no! Jack is this true?"
He turned around meekly and got up and walked away.
"No. This cannot be true!" Miller shrugged and left the room. As the door swung shut, I heard my phone start to ring. I looked at the name and threw my phone far across the room, smashing it down on the concrete floor as I yelled for the team. I was in shock. I couldn't believe what I had seen...