Chapter 21 - Not hurt

The entire scene, everything that happened that night was replayed, embarrassment rose up with each word that was heard, leaving your mouth.

Odin ordered the guards to question anyone passing the gardens at this time. He soon left with Thor, Frigga closing the door of your room leaving silence for just you and Loki.

"Please don't be mad..."

"Mad? Darling, why would I be mad?" Loki shifted to face you fully in his arms.

"Because... I ran off, I said all those things, I... still think we shouldn't do this," dropping gaze to the floor, Loki took your hand in his. "Loki, I can't let you ruin your reputation because you love me,"

"That exactly it! I love you! You could banish me, rid me of any slim chance to the crown, take away everything, place me in a cell and torture me endlessly, but, Y/n, all I would need is you," his stance shrunk, vulnerability still a new feeling. "You are all I would need, knowing you were still there would get me through every hit, it would make everything I lose worth it,"

"Don't say that, Loki, I know how much the crown means to you," your legs slip off the bed, a moment was taken to adjust to standing up before you walked to the bathroom. Water splashed against your face from the basin as Loki entered in after you.

"But you mean more, darling,"

"Every word you say, every confession, I'm still miles apart from getting why. Why would you think all this of me?" Each drop fell to break the water tension as Loki stood behind you with lowered eyes.

"Because... there's no one like you,"

"Thank the gods for that," you chuckle, dabbing the soft towel against your face. His head rested against your shoulder, his lips placing themselves against your skin.

"Thank the gods because I don't think I'd be able to survive your remarks when there are twenty of you," he chuckles as you slap his arm playfully. "Give it time, the Allfather will come around,"

Hoisted until your legs wrapped around his waist, his kisses placed themselves all over your face lovingly. "You never refer to him as father..." Loki stops his affections and raises a brow. "Are you really Jotun?"

His arms loosened and you you stood up again. "Surprise?" He knew this would happen... you were definitely going to end the courting now. For good.

"You're a little small for a Jotun... it's cute,"

"Are you not repulsed?"

"Repulsed? What type of person do you take me for?"

"A normal one?" Now acceptance he was not used to so who could blame for the whirring thoughts.

"First mistake, my love, normal people wouldn't care about your heritage," draping your arms around his shoulder you took him in for a kiss.

"Gods, you are perfect,"

"Almost,"

"Name me one flaw you hold," Loki lifted you back into his arms and embraced you tight until your heads rested against each other.

"The list is too long,"

His eyes rolled, your back now pressed against the mattress. "I've seen every inch of you, my love and not once have I seen a flaw," From your knuckles kisses lined along all the way to your neck, along your collar and back down to your other knuckles.

"It's been just a week and you can't contain yourself can you?"

"Nope,"

~~~

Back on your feet in no time, you continued your duties but Frigga was holding back, she still worried you were hurt.

So, in the free time you held, you ventured back to the kitchen to lay eyes on all the maids doing their chores.

"Afternoon," you smile as they all gape and curtsy.

"Good afternoon, Lady Y/n," they all say in unison.

"Oh, don't bother, just call me Y/n," They gave thankful smiles, ones that you've never seen on them before. "So, what's planned for lunch?" you wash your hands and put on your old apron that was still hung on the hook.

"Roast beef is for the main, but for the sides we are making mushroom and pork puff pastry," a girl folded up one of the pockets and placed it on the tray.

"Perfect," Sitting in the empty seat you saw the girls gape. "You don't mind me joining, right?"

"Not at all... are you sure you want to help?" A girl you remembered to be named Sienna look from down the table.

"Certain, Frigga hasn't given me a task because she thinks I'm still hurt,"

"Because you are," Diana sighed and placed her hand on your shoulder. "You are a lady-in-waiting,"

"A lady-in-waiting with two hours free, leave me be, Diana," the head maid sighs and smacks your head lightly with her parchment of tasks.

"What's it like?" Tiana, you believed, asked.

"Taxing, but I do enjoy what I do," you had folded three pastries as the girls listened to you talk about what your day consisted of.

"A rumor has spread that you are courting Prince Loki," Sienna leans forward.

"I'm not-"

"My love? Are you here?" Loki had just knocked on the door.

"Not a word," you slip under the table hurriedly as the door opened.

"Excuse my intrusion but have you happened to see Y/n?" you held your breath as you eyed his shoes from under the table.

"No, your highness," a girl mumbles making you sigh out in relief.

"Well then... afternoon," his footsteps left the kitchen and you emerged.

"Thank you for being-"

"What are you doing here?" Loki mumbled right into your ear.

"Traitors!" you gasp at the girls.

~~~

E

- Anna ❤️