Chapter 7: Im a Pan

The door closed and Peter's eyes scanned her room. There were star stickers on the ceiling and walls and on the bed sheets. A white vanity sat in the corner of the room next to a big widow seat that gave a view of the neighborhood and sky. The closet was simple and there was a door that connected to her own bathroom. A light blue beanbag chair was plopped by a huge brown bookcase and there was a desk paired with a comfy white spiny chair not to far from it. It was beautiful and neat and blue and starry. And it represented Wendy so much that it felt homey to Peter.

He smiled with calmness and they both sat on her bed across from each other. Wendy took her bags off and sat them next to her bed without getting of off the actual bed. Wendy directed her attention to Peter with a simple smile. "So, what's happened since I left?" He began to explain his loneliness until new roommates came into his room (not mentioning names) and how Ms. Fauna put up her picture and how he got adopted and now had a sister named Rapunzel and how his adopted parents were really nice. Wendy smiled the whole time he explained. She was really happy for him and then her first conversation with Alice popped in her head.

"Why do most people call you Pan instead of Peter?" He sighed. "For...for some reason, I'm popular and when everyone got word that Rapunzel's little brother was me, they called me Pan 'as a sign of respect' as Tink would call it." He rolled his eyes. "Only the people who are close to me or teachers call my Peter. It's sad, really." She titled her head and he caught on. Slouching, he explained. "I don't have many real friends and it's just a reminder that I was adopted and never really knew my blood parents. That they abandoned me and didn't want me. But yeah...I'm a Pan." Her heart squeezed and her frown deepened because she could relate. She crawled over to him quickly as he was glaring at his hands that were in his lap and she hugged him tight. He froze and the tears that formed in his eyes dialed back and he squeezed her tight but not to tight.

She stroked his hair after the beanie fell and her other arm was pulling him close. Peter's head nuzzled into her neck as he held her in his arms. "Thank you, Wendy," he whispered. She smiled sadly. "Peter. You know, if you never were at the orphanage, I would have been alone, and we would've never been friends. So maybe...maybe fate decided that I would be good for you? That we were meant to be friends. And that we were meant to come back to each other." He struggled to not cry as he smiled with no teeth showing against her neck. She pulled his next away and smiled at him, a tear or tow already on her cheeks. Peter wiped them with his thumb gentle. "Best friends forever, right?" He held out his thimble to her. "Forever is an awful long time." She smiled to him and put her acorn to his thimble. "And I'm willing to be there for that amount of time."

After a little he said, "Okay, but ya gotta admit that Pan is a pretty weird last name!" She laughed and he joined in, happy that he has a guaranteed best friend for life and beyond. Or maybe more than a friend? ...no, of course not...right?

—————-
Okay so I know this was short but I think it's cute 🥰 THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS SO MUCH ❤️ ❤️ ❤️