Chapter 4: New Friends and Rememberings

Wendy went to the guidance councilor's office to meet with the person who was going to show her around the school, a girl named Giselle. "Are you Wendy?" Mr. Bubbles the councilor asked. Wendy nodded in response and Mr. Bubbles just gestures to a strawberry blonde in a chair, dangling her feet and swaying in the seat. She looks up and smiles. "Hi! I'm Giselle! I'll be showing you around, let's go!" They started walking down the hallway, Giselle humming with a skip and Wendy watching the upbeat girl with a smile. "So, can I see your timetable?" she asked cheerfully.

"Oh! Of course! Here, sorry!" Giselle giggles at Wendy's politeness. "Oh, it's fine! You're so nice compared to some of the girls here! Oh! You should meet my friends Kida and Eilonwy, and of course her boy friend Taran! They are lovely people, even if Taran has a little attitude problem. But he's really just a big softie!" She giggles as she looks to Wendy's schedule and examines it. "Oh! We have all the same classes!" Wendy smiled. She didn't want to be lonely and awkward, especially on her first day! 

Almost all of the students emptied into classes! "Oh dear! We better hurry, I don't wanna be late on my first day." Giselle smiled reassuringly and lead them to their class. 

After their mythology with Mr. Merlin, they went to their History class with Mr. Hatter, and oh was it marvelous! Wendy loved Mr. Hatter and so far was her favorite teacher! He was a very fun and nice teacher for sure! When she came into the room, she saw every student with their own hat on, and they reflected on most of the students personalities. She gasped and giggled at the sight. "Ah! You must be Wendy! Oh, you have a lovely head! It must be hatted, don't you think class?'' Wendy found it nice to have a class tradition! Most of the class smiled at her and nodded with dripping enthusiasm. 

He turned back to Wendy and she noticed his fun outfit and his mix-match eye colors. He smiled and pranced to a closet. He opened to reveal lots of material to make a thousand hats if he wanted to! Wendy marveled in awe at the sight and almost dropped her books, but Giselle caught them, her own floral hat on. "Aha! Found it!" He turned back and shimmed over back to Wendy with a tape measurer. She felt slightly awkward doing this in front of the class but, what the heck! Why not? He measure her head and wrote it down on a huge sketch book. "Okay! Let me look at you!" He noticed her proper and old school but stylish blue outfit and smiled with glee! Oh he has waited for a fun hat for months! He grasped a pencil and started stroking a page in the sketch book. 

Wendy watched his hands move delicately but fast, and the part of the class that absolutely loved the times he made hats were on the edge of their seats, trying to peak at the design. 

"Finished! Now we make it!" He rushed over to the closet with the sketch book and rips out fabric, a bow, blue leather, and all the other hat materials, then plopped them onto a counter. He clapped his hand with a laugh and started cutting, measuring, sewing! Fabric flew in one direction, hitting someone in the face and they laughed. A button feel from the counter, thread wheels knocked a notebook onto the ground! Magic sparks could have been made if it was possible! He abruptly stopped, something behind his back. He told her to close her eyes and she obeyed.

The class gasped, excitement and awe in their voices. She felt something on her head and he told her to open her eyes. She opened them to look into a mirror and she LOVED IT! The front was blue leather with a corset like shape with a buckle and the back was also corset like but with a huge blue bow. It was basically a steampunk bowler hat.

 It was basically a steampunk bowler hat

(I MIGHT CHANGE IT IN THE FUTURE!!)

She smiled widely at Mr. Hatter and thanked him. "It's beautiful! Thank you!" He clapped his hands and set the mirror down, now facing the ecstatic class. "Everyone! Welcome Ms. Wendy Darling!" They all said a greeting, some more bored then others.

At lunch, no longer wearing the hat (and some how having perfectly neat hair after taking it off) she saw Peter at the entrance like he was looking for someone. He spotted Wendy and stopped looking. "Wendy! Come 'ere!" She smiled and happily walked over to him and he grinned ear to ear. Peter hugged her with a warm embrace and she was slightly shocked at first but gladly returned it. They pulled away and walked in the humongous lunch room. "Wow!" Wendy exclaimed causing Peter to laugh a bit. "Big, huh?" She only nodded, still staring at all the people in the school.  

She was out of the trance as she felt Peter's hand on her back, guiding her throw the crowd of teenagers. Everyone looked at them from the side of their eyes, some in surprise, some in utter shock, some in disgust(mostly towards Wendy,)and some in awe. Since neither brought their lunch, they headed into the lunch line. As they waited, Peter turned to Wendy. "So, Gwendolyn, has the family?" She chuckled. "Aw, you remember my actual birthname!" He smiled sheepishly. "Of course I did! You probably still remember my middle name." Wendy nodded. "Of course I do, Robbie!" He shushed her. "You're literally the only one I've told that to!" he whisper-yelled. Wendy laughed silently and they moved with the line. 

"Um, yeah, no, the family is great! I got two brothers, John and Michael, so I am the middle child. My mother, Mary is wonderful and my father...well he is nice, just busy at the bank." She looked down. Peter's heart slightly cracked at the sight but he put on a smile for her, picking up her chin up. "You good, Wendy Bird?" Peter asked in the most calming way possible. She smiled weakly but surely it was a smile. I open my arms. "Now there's the famous smile! Come on, we're almost at the head of the line!" She smiled brightly, a tiny new hope in her big brown eyes. And he felt his stomach warmth at it. 

But he didn't know exactly why. Maybe because he hasn't seen her for years? Yes. Yes, that's it! He didn't even notice them at the tend of the line with trays of food in their hands. He looked at his tray. He raised a confused eye brow, it was all the things he would have gotten but, did he do it absent mindedly?  Wendy laughed causing Peter to look at her. "You do still like those items, right?" He nodded, now having an understanding of what happened. "Thanks." She nodded. 

A teacher walked in with her hands on her hips. "Peter Pan! You still have to help me in the library today!" Peter's smiled slightly faltered and he sighed, looking to the brunette in disappointment. "Later?" She nodded with a flattened smile and weak eyes. "Later." He smiled one more time and walked away. 

Wendy turned to the tables and saw Giselle and some other people. She smiled and walked over to the half-empty table. "Oh, Wendy! Sit!" Gisselle pulled her down onto the bench. She looked in front of her to see Flynn and Aladdin. "Hey guys!" The boys looked up to her and smiled. "Sup Wens!" She smiled back and looked around the table to see the unfamiliar faces. Giselle jumped in her seat. "Oh! That's right! I didn't introduce you guys!" She turned to Wendy. "So this," she twisted to behind her so Wendy could have a better view of her friends. "is Kida," she pointed to a white haired, tan skinned girl, "Eilonwy," a blonde girl in dark pink and black, "and her boyfriend Taran!" a boy in greens that had brown hair. She waved to the three of them and the girls waved back with a kind smile. Taran was a little stubborn and nodded to her. "I told you he had a little attitude problem!" Giselle exclaimed. 

"I do not!" 
"Yes, you do!" Eilonwy added in.
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes!"
"Fine!"

Taran doesn't like arguing with Eilonwy, so he just left it at that and plopped his head on her shoulder with a pout and she giggled at it with Kida. Wendy smiled at the happy couple. It looked like she had some new friends.