Chapter 9: Schemes

"Who is she?" The girl was furious. First Tink and now this new girl? Who they hell even was she?! "Her name is Wendy. Wendy Darling." She scoffed. Darling? Seriously? "Woah, okay." She turned to James. "What her relationship with Peter?"

"Apparently they're 'best friends' and have been since Pan was in diapers," James replied. "Just friends? I doubt that. Although, Peter is the most loyal person out there!" She sighed in a daze. James cleared his throat and the girl gave him a look. "Just make sure the don't get closer than friends. Watch their relationship and make sure it doesn't grow. Got it, Hook?" James sighed. "As you wish, but what's in it for me?" She smirked and turned to him. "James, if this works out, Wendy will literally despise Peter. You'll have her all to yourself, you comfort her and eventually she'll let you in."

He let that sink in. He would be taking Wendy all to him self and she would praise him, kiss him, love him. And it would probably be a punch in the face to Peter. James smirked. "Good enough for me." The girl also smirked so they both had matching devious faces. "Good." She picked up her bag and looked around the corner. "Now come on. People are gonna start piling in soon."

"Wendy!" Wendy turned her head from Taran (who had warmed up to her) and Elionwy and saw Peter, Aladdin, and Flynn walking towards her with Tink and friends on their tail. She felt her self smile and rush up to them, saying a quick bye to her friends who just smiled. "Good morning!"
"Morning, Wens," greeted the boys in union. It caused her to giggle and Aladdin's brows furrowed. "What's so funny?" Wendy answered, "You three are just completely synchronized with each other! I find it humorous." Peter playfully rolled his eyes and ruffled her hair. "You find everything we do 'humorous', Wendy."

It's been about a month since Wendy has arrived back to her hometown and things were going amazing! (Minus James flirting with her to no end) She made some new friends, connected back with Peter and has an amazing school. The only thing that dulls her days is her father. He's been distant, always working late just to come home and do more work. She should be used to it, John seems to be and Micheal is too distracted with school and his new friends to notice, so why can't she let it go?

"Anyways, can I help you guys at the orphanage tomorrow? Micheal wants to play with Lilo more." Flynn laughed. "If it means setting them up for their future marriage, then yes." The other three agreed. "Oh my gosh, Wendy. I love your outfit!" Bluenette in Blue, who Wendy learned her name as Silver Mist complimented. Wendy looked down at her outfit for the day. This morning she chose an airy blue cardigan sweater shirt and a short blue pencil skirt with black leggings since it was February now. "Oh! Why thank you, Silver."

Out of Tink's friend group, Silver was the one Wendy hung out with more. She was more gentle and easygoing and was overall really outgoing and friendly. "Wendy Girl?" She turned her attention to her Lost Boy as Silver went back to talking to Fawn about something and hummed in response. "Can I come over after school? Tink's got a thing with the girls and since it's Friday, they're having a sleepover." Aladdin scoffed. "What, are they doing full makeovers or something?"
"Yes. Yes, they are. And I'm not tryna have a pedicure, so yeah, no," Peter answered. Wendy tried to hide her little giggle but didn't get it fully under control when she said, "Of course, Peter," so it sounded very excited when she spoke his name. And for some reason his stomach twisted at it with newly added heat. But why? "Thanks." She was really a great friend to him.

The bell rang. Tink came up to Peter, kissed his cheek and waved bye to him, then left with her group. "Bye, Petey!" Wendy, Flynn and Aladdin laughed and mocked Tink. "Byeeee, Petey!" He shoved Aladdin in the shoulder. "Aw, shut up, you guys! Just go to algebra already!" Flynn and Aladdin sighed and breathed out, "Algebra," then shivered causing Wendy and Peter to laugh. "Well go on then, we'll be late, you imbeciles!" Wendy joked. Aladdin put a hand to his chest in a display of foreign hurt. "Ouch. I thought you liked us, Wens. Just ouch." Then he flashed a smile and winked, walking away with Flynn.