Chapter 6: Family Meeting

"All righty! Now that we've introduced Miss Wendy here, lets partner up, eh?" Mr. Silver said. Wendy took her seat next to Peter and smiled at him before looking at the board that said 𝙼𝙰𝙿 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙹𝙴𝙲𝚃. Wendy tilted her head like a confused child. Partners? Project? Yay! "Since Wendy be new here, she'll be able to pick her partner. Go ahead Miss Wendy." The class groaned. "Eh! It be only fair, now shut ye traps!"

Wendy looked to Peter with a questioning smile and a raise brow. "You wanna?" Peter nodded and stuck out his fist to her. She looked giddy and they did a very detailed and long hand shake from orphanage times that boggled the students minds. The girls silently whispered among them selves and the boys looking at Peter with slight envy and confusion and Mr. Silver blinked. Wendy looked at Mr. Silver. "Oh, um Peter and I will be partners." He blinked again and chuckled, writing on his clipboard.

You probably don't know but Peter was the envy of guys and the want of girl at the school. So was Tink but the other way around. So seeing a new girl (that was hawt is the boys say) with the most popular boy in school, and then knowing each other but no one has every seen them together before was a huge surprise to everyone.

After everyone else got their partners, a blonde girl tapped Wendy's shoulder. "Oh, hello!" Wendy greeted politely. "You know Pan?" The girl whispered. Wendy scrunched her brows with a smile. "Uh, Peter? Yes. For a very long while, actually. Um...w-why?" She asked cautiously. The girl marveled. "Whoa, you call him by his first name! You two must be really close," she exclaimed. Wendy giggled but was slightly confused. "Yeah, we've know each other since childhood.....so, what's your name?" The girl perked up. "Oh! I'm Alice! And you are...Wendy, right?" Wendy nodded with a smile. "Yup. That's me!"

The rest of the class time, Peter and Wendy did the outline of their sketch. They designed a map of a make believe island called Neverland (since they loved their orphanage) and made the scale and compass rose. They would have to do the key and everything else next class because the bell rang. Wendy was walking out of the class talking to Alice who got paired up with Arthur when Peter stopped her. "Wendy, here." He handed her a paper with an address and phone number on it. "So we can catch up more, 'kay?" Wendy nodded with a big grin that made Peter smile widely and leave with his twin friends, Bix and Banks.

Alice nudged her. "You like him, don't you?" She teased. "Of course not, Alice, we're just long lost best friends who want to catch up. That's all." Alice sighed dramatically and Wendy rolled her eyes with a side smile. They separated ways and Wendy looked at her schedule. "Home Ed," she mumbled to her self.

Getting to the class was surprisingly easy! She came in and was immediately stared at. Wendy sheepishly smiles and went hurriedly to the back. A woman, Ms. Duchess, walked in. She had slick platinum blonde hair and pale blue eyes, and a warm smile that could comfort anyone. Wendy already liked her. Ms. Duchess sat behind a big burgundy wooden desk and she straightened a stack of papers, setting them back down. The late bell rang and she looked to the class of students.

"Everyone, please sit!" She said in a soothing voice. The class began seating and went silent as Ms. Duchess started roll call. "Jasmine Agrabaliana?" A girl in a deep teal crop top rolled her eyes and said "Here!", obviously annoyed, as well did Aurora, Ella, Elsa, and Belle. When Ms. Duchess got to Wendy's name, she said, "Gwendolyn Darling?" Wendy froze and slowly rose her hand. "Here, Madam.." Everyone in the class started looking at her and she got uncomfortable. "Um, I preferred to be called Wendy, if that's alright?" The teacher kindly nodded and wrote it down on her notes.

"Darling? Is that her serious last name?" She heard Jasmine joke to Elsa who snickered. "I know, right? And what a fancy first name. Gwendolyn," Belle comments from behind Jasmine's seat and they all snicker with Ella. "And then she wants to say 'I'd rather be called Wendy, madam!' Madam! Who says that?" Ella laughs out.