CHAPTER 25

Khalil Al-Farsi's POV

I sat in the cream-colored leather seats of my private plane, fumingly mad. How dare that woman turn down my invitation?

I already explained my side of what happened eight years ago, but her lack of response hit a nerve inside me. Now ten hours of cold silence between us, she hasn't even called me to apologize.

Hell, I am a king of the rich country of Saqr. A king never begs anyone. I will not be the one to say sorry first!

I have checked on my phone for the nth time now. Maybe her message went to my spam mail. That's why I didn't receive it.

"Your Majesty," the cabin crew said at my side. "We're about to depart--"

I raised my hand to stop her from talking. "I just want to check my phone first."

But I found myself dialing Emerald's number to inform her about my departure. I frowned when she didn't answer her mobile.

Is she still mad at me?

I looked at my wristwatch to look at the time. It's already 10:35 pm. Where could she be at this time of the night? I dialed her number again and still no answer.

"Sir..."

I looked at her with a warning glance. "One moment." After my fifth try calling her number, I dialed Ruby. I hope she knew her twin's whereabouts.

Thankfully, she answered after a few rings. "Ruby, it's me. Khalil."

"Oh, Khalil. What's up?"

I slightly shifted in my position. "Emerald," I cleared my throat. "I can't reach her on her mobile. Do you know where she is?"

There was a long pause on the other line for a moment. I thought the phone call had disconnected. "Oh, didn't she tell you? Her unofficial fiancé invited her to this newly opened nightclub if I am not mistaken."

"What?!" I leaped out of my chair. I saw a red haze in my vision. I don't think I heard her right. "C-Care to repeat that?"

My eyes narrowed when I heard Ruby stifle a laugh. "She went clubbing with Ryker Creed."

I took a deep breath as I tried to relax my tension. I heard the roar of the plane engine, and I shouted to the pilot. "Stop the goddamn plane! I need to get out." Going back to my phone conversation with Ruby, I ask. "Do you know the address of this nightclub?"

"Of course." And she proceeds to dictate the address of the club. I am tempted to burn this nightclub to the ground with Ryker Creed in it.

I went out of my private plan with a determined stride. I need to be in that freaking club as soon as possible.

"Sire?" my driver looked at me questioningly.

"Get out," I commanded. "I'll drive myself."

"But sire..."

I threw him my darkest look. "Are you getting out of that car? Or I will personally have to remove you from the driver's seat?"

My trusted driver paled visibly, and I suddenly felt sorry for him due to my crude behavior, but I didn't have time to be apologetic. I want to fetch Emerald from that fucking club as soon as possible.

The man in the driver's seat finally slid out of the car, and I took the keys from him as I drove away from the tarmac. If Ryker Creed touched my Emerald in the wrong way, I would burn him into the deepest pit of hell.

I finally reached the nightclub. It took half an hour at record speed. I wouldn't be surprised if I got a speeding ticket first thing tomorrow morning.

I automatically scanned the crowded nightclub, looking for the familiar figure of my Emerald.