CHAPTER 10

Khalil Al-Farsi's POV

I was busy finalizing everything before Emerald and I left for New York tomorrow. She told me yesterday that she needs to fly back to New York as soon as possible because of her work. She even has the nerve to tell me that she will leave Saqr even without me if necessary!

That woman was impossible!

How can she do that to her boyfriend? I thought furiously. Does she know how insulting it was to tell me straight in the eyes without even flinching that she would leave me here if I didn't finish sorting out my work until today?

If I didn't know better, I would assume that she's not so keen on bringing me along back to New York to meet her infamous family and introduce me as her 'boyfriend.' Well, I would not let that happen. I will come with her even if I need to work my ass off to finish my work so I can be free for a few weeks and play her boyfriend and stake my presence around, especially to the man her grandfather had chosen to be her 'fiancé.'

My mouth twisted with distaste. As if I would let any man who would claim Emerald as his other than me. I will kill the bastard first before he can claim anything on her...

Omar discreetly cleared his throat beside me. I reluctantly looked at him with curious eyes. "What is it?"

The elderly advisor looked at me for a moment before looking away. "Sire, if I may be so bold to tell you about something..."

I took a deep breath, frowning at him. "Just spill it out, Omar. I don't have the whole day to play riddles with you. I need to complete this paperwork as soon as I can." So I can be in New York in two days. I added privately.

He looked at me with exasperating eyes. "Your Majesty, this is about Princess Amina. I think it's rather rude to the Princess that you never even once spent time with her since she arrived in the palace a few days ago."

I exhaled a loud breath. I have forgotten about that princess, to be honest. My mind was filled with that red-haired beauty who was busy roasting me with her furious gaze whenever I spent time with her.

"So, what are you suggesting then?" I asked dryly when I already had some idea of what he wanted me to do with this princess. And I am not going to like it.

"May I suggest that you visit her today?" he proposed hopefully. "The last thing we want is to have a bad impression of being unwelcoming to the princess. Forgive me for saying, sire, but the last thing we want is an unwanted scandal if Princess Amina keeps on seeing you spend time with Miss St. Clair."

I eyed him laconically and sat back in my chair. "What do you want me to do? Emerald is my guest and a long-time friend of mine. Everyone should expect that I am spending time with her because of that simple reason."

"If you can only spare some of your time with the princess the way you spend it with Miss St. Clair, it will be pleasurable," he said with desperation in his voice, his emotionless eyes bored into me. "It's for the good image of our country in their country, sire. She might be your intended bride with her perfect lineage and all."

No, she isn't. I thought silently. But I didn't bother to share my sentiment with this advisor, for I knew he would not appreciate it since they were still determined to follow the old customs when it came to choosing the bride for their unmarried king.

"If I meet this princess, will you stop pestering me for a few weeks of my stay in America?" I asked with a pleasant tone in my voice.

"Sire, about that—"

I raised an eyebrow in his direction. "A fair trade, wouldn't you say? I will spend time with this princess now, as you wish, and you will let me spend a few weeks in America without plaguing me with political stuff."