Dinner and A Show...

hey friends... it's me before writing the chapter... idk how this will go but here's me trying to write angst~ tw // homophobia and f slur (i'm nb|m i can reclaim it )

2653 words

——————————————————————

Clay hadn't come out to his family yet, of course his siblings and parents knew, but his extended family didn't. It wasn't that he was ashamed at all, but he knew how his family felt. They were born and raised in Florida and as many people know, it's not the most liberal state being the most far south. Not to say because you're from the south you're automatically homophobic, but it was definitely more common.

They had yet to mention that key fact to George though. George wasn't one for PDA anyways so they hadn't thought about it being an issue, that was until George got nervous and grabbed Dream's hand and they noticed. He hadn't even noticed he was doing it, honestly, it was instinct for him to grab on for support. So when the question was asked, Dream didn't know what to do. He wasn't mad at George, he had no reason to be.

--------------------------------------------

"George, you're the one who wanted to go. We can cancel right now." Dream offered, shoving his foot into his worn out shoes. "They won't be mad, love. My parents and sister are the only people who know we're coming anyways." George offered a wobbly smile and continued putting on his jacket.

"Dream it's fine, I'm nervous. Like you said I'm the one who wanted to go." He threw on a beanie and waited on Dream to finish getting ready. He grabbed his keys and headed to the door.

"Speak now or forever hold your peace..." Dream said pausing to look back with his hand on the door handle. George giggled and walked forward, waiting patiently for Dream to open it. He pushed open the door and they made their way to the car. The ride to his parent's house was filled with loud singing and giggles. Once they pulled up, George felt even more nervous. Dream took notice and grabbed his hand, rubbing calm soothing circles onto it. "Everything is fine, we can leave right after we eat"

"I don't want to be rude, Dream" George said unbuckling and letting go of Dream's hand. They got out and walked up to the door, knocking on it a few times. The door swung open to reveal a small kid holding a tablet in his hand, from there you could hear George's voice. The child's eyes found George quickly and they widened.

"YOU'RE GEORGENOTFOUND!" The child yelled flinging themselves onto him, this got the attention of the other kid that was waiting for their brother to get back in the house. She came running over and almost tripped at the sight. She was slightly older maybe 9 years old, George had guessed.

"Guys, can you not be weird about it." Drista said walking up behind and plucking the small boy off of George. George giggled at them and ruffled their hair. "Also let them in the house, it's cold out there" She dragged them by their arms and Dream motioned for George to follow. They walked in the house and sat on the couch, parents no where in sight.

"Where is everybody?" Dream asked plopping down beside George who was being stared at by the two kids.

"They went to pick up the food." Drista said glancing back at her cousins. "Lucas stop drooling over George."

"It's fine." George laughed, he was kinda glad that the adults weren't here when he arrived. It was slightly less intimidating. He talked to the children about Minecraft and they asked him so many questions about everything. He laughed at their giddyness, it was adorable to George how excited they got over silly things that he thought was cool. They door opened after a while and in walked a man and a woman. George immediately tensed and grabbed Dream's hand. He hadn't even registered that he'd done it until he felt Dream pull away when he stood up.