Late Night Break Ins

3:28 a.m.

Howard's POV:

*BANG*

I woke up to someone banging on my front door. Who the hell in their right state of mind is going to bang on my door?

I looked over at the clock on my bedside table and sighed and saw the time. 3:29. Are you kidding me?

I ripped the covers off of me and put on a pair of shorts and a shirt. I'm not going to die if heat exhaustion in my sleep. Not now not ever.

Before I went to see who was at the door I went and made sure that my little bumblebee is still asleep. If someone wakes her up I'm gonna give the people at the door a piece of my mind. I opened the door and saw that she was still sleeping peacefully.

I left her room and started walking down the stairs. Halfway down the stairs my door burst open and I heard people talking. I grabbed the bat from behind the door to the bathroom. Don't judge me.

     I walked around the corner into the living room where 10 or 15 people were standing in the room, some with guns drawn and some talking into walkie-talkies.

      "Who the hell are you people?!"

    "Mr. Hayes—"

     "Don't Mr. Hayes me tell me why the hell you people barge into my house at 3 in the morning guns drawn and are in my living room with my daughter sleeping upstairs!"

      "Sir you need to come with us right now," someone to the left of the lady said.

     "I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what is going on."

     "Sir," I looked to my left and saw a woman maybe in her mid-thirty's."you are being threatened. And as the new president elect we are told to bring you with us for your protection."

"What do you——"

*CRASH*

"AHHHHH!"

I felt my heart stop. I knew who that screamed belonged to. That belonged to...

"FAITH!!!"

I bolted upstairs with some of the people behind me and ran to my daughters room. When I opened the door she was being cornered by a man in a black mask. Before I could do anything I heard a gunshot.

I turned around and saw a man holding a gun aiming it at the mystery man. When I turned around he was on the ground holding his shoulder. Not wanting to waste anymore time I scooped up my crying daughter and ran out of the room.

"Mr. Hayes there's a car outside that will take you to the White House."

I nodded my head yes and went outside and saw a black van.

I didn't waste any more time in getting in. Before the driver could drive the door opened again and the same lady who told me why they were here came in.

"I can explain everything—-"

"Don't. Not now. Not while my daughter is here." I gave her a glare and she got the point. I turned my attention back to my daughter who was shaking in my lap.

"Hey hey shhhhhh bumblebee it's ok I got you. I got you."

"D-daddy. I'm sc-scared." She continued to cry and it broke my heart. I knew that if I didn't calm her down she'd get a panic attack.

"Hey little one you have to breathe I know you're scared but you have to breathe. Daddy's got you follow my heartbeat ok. Listen to my breathing."

I could feel the lady's gaze on me but I didn't care. I had to get her to calm down.

After a couple of minutes of her calming down her cries turned into whimpers and sniffles with the occasional hiccup.

By the time we got to the White House Faith was already asleep. We walked out of the car with some people flanking my sides. We rushed into the building and when I walked in there were some people bustling around. Not a lot but a couple.

"Mike will show you a room where you can put your daughter and then he'll take you to where I'll be so we can talk."

I turned around and came face to face with a tall muscular man. Not as tall as me but still tall.

"This way."

We walked for what felt like forever which in reality was only 6 minutes. When we stopped he opened a door that was plain but had enough essentials for a child.

      "I'll wait outside the door. There's some blankets in the one door don't take too long sir." And with that he closed the door.

      I put Faith down on the bed and grabbed a blanket long enough to fit the whole bed and covered her with it. "I'll be back bumblebee I promise." I kissed her forehead and opened the door.

      "Are you ready sir?"

      "Yes."

      We started walking back down the way we came but turned left and stood in front of a door. When Mike opened it the lady was standing in.

     "Come in Mr. Hayes."

      "I don't want to sound rude but you know my name so what's your name."

      "Mrs. Collins. Please sit we have much to discuss."

      "Before we get started I wanna know first hand why you people barged into my house without as so much as a call?"

     "I do apologize for that but we had no other choice."

     "What do you mean you had no other choice?"

     "The president is dead sir. Committed suicide but we expect foul play."

       Well shit.....

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So what did you guys think? Did you expect that?

I hope you guys are having fun this weekend.

Make sure to comment and vote!!!