[6- time to hustle the water security guard]

----------GAVIN----------

It feels like an eternity of sitting in the car before Nines comes out of the building, and I'm listening to "Bad Reputation" like the little emo bitch I own up to be. Before he can speak, I'm already groaning.

"Okay, I know what you're going to say. Oh Gavin, you stupid human, why would you launch yourself at that guy when I was handling everything peeeerfectly," I mimic his voice before letting out a sigh. A snort causes me to turn to look at him and the expression on his face is unbelievable. "What?"

"Oh, nothing. I'm just impressed," Amusement dances across his eyes as he buckles his seatbelt, trying to stop the corners of his mouth from peaking up.

"With me?!"

The android nods once.

"Wha...do I even want to know? Did you blow a fuse or something?"

"After you left, the landlord was speechless and when I questioned him again, he gave me the name of their water supply company as well as where the water comes from. I suggest we go check it out."

"Alright," I grumble, clicking in my seatbelt and grasping the wheel, glancing at him once more before starting the car. "What's the address?"

-------------------------------------------

"Nothing! That guy was clueless! Clueless!" I throw my hands up in the air as we tread down the steps of Walter & Sons Water Utility Company. "He was drooling! And, and who plays solitaire!"

"We still have to visit the location of the water source, Lake St. Clair."

"Alright," I glance down at my watch which reads 3:28. The pharmacy closes at 5, which is more than enough time to check out the water supply and pick up my prescription. "Fine, but let's make this quick."

It takes forever and a half to drive to Lake St. Clair, well not forever, but it sure feels like it. It's like a 30-minute drive, but every second of silence feels like an eternity, slowly grinding my gears. Eventually, I can't stand it and plug a CD into the CD player(this is a vintage car and Nines has been bugging me about getting an automated one, but there's no way in hell I'm doing that). The Story starts playing and I allow one hand to increase the volume a little bit.

After a few seconds, I realize Nines is staring at me with a weird expression on his face and his LED blinking yellow.

"What?"

----------NINES----------

The car ride to Lake St. Clair is silent, so I take this time to go over the case in my head. 

I'm back in my garden, relaxed by the sound of birds chirping and wind moving through the trees. 

"Okay," I say to no one, "The victim is Korbin Sabot, human, 27 years old, returned from a party thrown by his mother and left the house at 11:34 alone. He appeared to be intoxicated and walked two blocks to his apartment at around 12:02, a neighbor saw him and-" 

"Hey tin can," A cool voice makes me turn around, and there he is. There is that instability again, standing there with his hands in his pockets, decked out in all white, with the top buttons of his shirt undone. 

"Detective," I nod curtly. 

"You know I'm just Gavin between these walls," He sighs and steps closer, the gravel pathway crinkling under his boots until I feel his shoulder brush mine. "Whatcha working on?"