[2- hot and cold makes gavin want to explode]

"Gavin, I am so sorry

"Gavin, I am so sorry...for all of this...for the meaningless fighting...your hand." The android looked at the shivering detective pressed against him and raised his hand to his face. There was no one coming, no one could save them. It was just them now, alone, and trapped.

"I'm sor-sorry t-too. For-for what it-it's worth," The detective's lips were blue and his hands were so cold. "Sh-shit...nin-nines...I'm sor-sorry." He rested his head where the android's shoulder and neck met, closing his eyes. 

"Hey, detective. Stay awake." RK900 rustled him a little but he didn't move. "Gavin!" 

48 HOURS AGO...

----------GAVIN----------

I wake up from a better nap than I've had a long time. There is a dreamlike a hazy memory just out of reach, but its presence still hovers in my mind. Warmth is wrapped around me, draped across me, and the sweet smell of what can only be described as 'new car'. Not the pungent new car odor, but...something fresh. Like a mix of fresh laundry and a new car. It's a jacket, and instantly I recognize it as that android's jacket. 

How did it...get here?

Before I have time to dwell on it, my phone vibrates. The time reads 0700 and the text is from the android. How it got my number is greek to me. But I'm not surprised. 

Detective. New victim. 

2043 Vectren and 12th street. D o n' t be late. 

I groan and stand up, collecting my things before looking back at the jacket draped across my desk.  In a split decision, I scoop it up and carry it out with me to the car. The drive to the crime scene is long and feels like an eternity. I'm still waking up, so I make a short(but very necessary) stop for some coffee, getting something else as well. 

When I pull up to the side of the road to the crime scene, I almost spit out my coffee. The sun is just barely peeking through the black silhouetted buildings, and it's slightly chilly, it being early fall. 

The blue blood is smeared across the pavement and the body looks ripped apart. The forensics are already here and taking pictures. God, it's even worse than last time. 

"Detective," The android's voice breaks my stream of consciousness as I step out of the car. "You are late. As usual." 

"I had to stop for-" I gesture to the steaming to-go cup. "Oh, I got you something." 

"Detective, there is no need-" 

It shuts up as I thrust the brown paper bag into his chest. "Just take it you damn toaster." 

Its eyes widen and it cocks its head slowly, taking the bag after a minute. It glances at me one more time suspiciously before finally opening it carefully. If I didn't know better, I would say there was emotion in his eyes...his eyes are so brown and analytic, and somehow I feel like I'm just swimming on the surface of his character...all of this just in his eyes-