[4- three months of canoodling]

---------------------------------

3 MONTHS LATER

---------------------------------

Nines 

"Mm, right there," The detective pants, sweat glistening on his forehead as he struggles to stay still. I'm practically wobbling too with his legs on my shoulders. "Stop moving! I've almost got it in...almost and-! Done!" 

I'm about to let him down off my shoulders when he wobbles. Somehow, I trip and fly backward, bringing him with me as he lands with an "oomph!" on top of me. 

[SOFTWARE INSTABILITY ^

He only props himself on his elbows, muttering a "phck", but Gavin doesn't move from where he sits on my hips. Instead, he looks up at the light we've been trying to replace for 3 hours now. It flickers white like it's about to go out again, but it continues to glow and the small smirk on his face is enough to know we've succeeded(finally). The detective pushes himself up off of me and stands up. After I stand up and brush off my jacket, he holds up his hand, open-palmed.

 "YES. See Nines, I knew we could do it!" 

I just cock my head to the side. "Gavin, what're you doing?" 

The detective just furrows his eyebrows, his smirk faltering. "It's for a high five! You know what a high five is, right?" 

"No." I answer flatly. "Would you still like to perform one?" 

 His hand drops to his side as his face twists. "The moment passed." 

As the detective walks away, I hear a "phcking androids" mumbled from his lips, almost like he's spitting them. 

Where have I been staying? Until three weeks ago, I was staying at Hank and Connor's house. But then Detective Reed finally gave in and let me move in with him(He has an extra bedroom and we practically have the same schedule). My life has been fine, in general, it has become watching Gavin and making sure he stays safe and healthy(a full-time job, I'm afraid). 

"Hey! While you're over there, bring me a coffee dipshit!" 

While I'm in the break room, I bump into Tina who gives me a sigh. "He's a handful. I'm surprised you lasted this long." 

I can't help but click my tongue as I pour coffee into a mug. "Yes, clearly, but somehow I've managed." 

"We're all wondering how you keep him in check," She chuckles softly. "He's only cursed out three people today and punched only one. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were rubbing off on him." Tina nudges my shoulder gently, wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Let's hope not," I reply with finality, giving her my own little twinkle-eyed expression, taking the coffee mug with me to Gavin's desk. Despite his scowl, I can tell he's happy to see me(or happy to see the coffee). 

"Great, thanks," He says curtly, snatching the coffee and taking a long sip. It sends him into a fit of coughing as he tries not to spit it out. "Is this decaf?" 

"You hardly need the extra caffeine," I snort, fixing my tie and change to a new topic before he can blow up. "Do we have a new case yet?" 

"Nope...just the reported people getting sick from water if you wanna take that." 

"Alright then," I plop down in the desk next to him, my desk, and just watch him. 

He's scrolling through his phone, probably looking at pictures of Sushi, and the tiniest smile moves across his face. After a moment, he realizes I'm staring and a blush creeps across his face. 

"What?" 

"Nothing." 

"What?" 

"Nothing!" 

He groans, throwing his hands in the air. "You're infuriating!" 

"Hey," Fowler interrupts us, tossing a yellow file that slides across the desk to Gavin. I don't remember him walking up to us, but that's the captain, always looming over someone like a vulture. "Remember that case about water sickness?" 

"Yeah?" Gavin grabs it, flipping through it with disinterest. 

"Well someone just died." 

The detective's eyes widen. "Really?" 

"Yeah, it's your case now." He states, then walks away without another word. The detective goes back to his work, but I'm practically buzzing. We haven't had a case all week so it's just been paperwork. Usually, I don't have a problem with this, but doing paperwork with Gavin is a nightmare. It's about as fun as trying to do paperwork with a child. 

"Did you hear that Gavin?" I say, standing up.

"Of course I-" 

"A case!" I hate the urgency in my voice, but I'm practically desperate to get out of the precinct. 

Gavin ignores me and takes another sip of his coffee. "We'll leave in an hour." 

"No, we leave now." 

There's a flicker of challenge in his eyes when he looks up at me. "Make me." 

A smirk forms across my face and fear forms across his as I scoop him up and throw him over my shoulder, carrying him out of the precinct with ease. 

"Wait NineS! I wAs JuST fuCkiNg jOKiNg puT mE dOooOwNn!!" He's flailing and struggling as everyone in the precinct looks at us, some laughing(that would be Tina) and some who just don't care because we do this shit daily(Hank and Conner). 

I let him down on the sidewalk, and I choose to ignore his growling and mumbling words. "Are you driving or am I?" 

"I always drive," He snatches the keys out of my hands, and for the brief second our hands brush, a vague flicker of electricity shoots through my system. "I'll let an android drive over my dead body." 

"That can be arranged." I open the passenger side and sit down, trying not to smile too brightly. 

"Shut up." He gets into the car, slamming the door. "Seatbe-?" 

 "Already got it. Let's go." 

With a click of his seat belt, he starts the car and we're off onto another adventure.