[1- the emotionless toaster]

----------GAVIN----------

"THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY I AM TAKING THAT AS MY PARTNER!" 

"Gavin, can you just trust my judg-" 

"I'D RATHER WORK WITH A MISMATCHED SOCK-" 

"He can hear you, you know." 

I spin around in the glass office to see the android staring blankly at me and I raise my hand to flip it off, simultaneously mouthing 'fuck you'. It's still wearing its cyberlife uniform. 

"Just can you try to-" 

"NOT WITH THAT EMOTIONLESS TOASTER!"

"Gavin. calm down. Listen," Fowler takes a deep breath and sighs, "if in a week you still don't like him, we'll reassign him. Sound fair?" 

"Do I have a choice?" 

"No." 

"Phck," I groan under my breath, rubbing my eyes. "Fine, fine. One week and then that-" I point to it standing in front of my desk "-is no longer my problem." 

I march out of the captain's office, huffing and hot-blooded. My feet stop right in front of the plastic prick and I give it my meanest glare. 

"Let's go tin can," Before walking past it, I make sure to clap its shoulder roughly. "We've got a case." 

The sensations of the city wash over me as I open the entrance doors: absurd honking, yelling, clicking of shoes, the distant smell of weed, and my all-time favorite, coffee. It's absolutely perfect. 

The sound of a sniff makes me jump as I realize that android is standing right next to me, face scrunched in disgust. 

"Fuck, can you back off a little?" 

It only tilts its head in confusion. "Are you uncomfortable with the distance between us, detective?" 

"If you mean annoyed, yes." 

It takes a step closer, our chests almost touching. "Is this more comfortable for you?" 

"Fuck!" I stumble backward. "Do you have any boundaries, plastic prick?!" 

"No," It sighs in response, "I am simply trying to figure out yours." 

And then. It has the audacity to wink at me before getting into the car. 

"What. the. fuck." I let out a breath and run a hand through my hair. Definitely not that Connor robot. No, this one is like...it's like It's fucking with me. It's like it's Connor but a to-

Oh nevermind. 

After plopping down in the car, I push the keys into the ignition, feeling it rumble to life. But I don't pull out. "Put on your seatbelt."