Can I call you dad?

➳Today I woke up and choose Dadza. I'm currently writing a wing au for the sleepy bois inc. :D

---➳

"Good morning Ranboo," a warm voice said.

Ranboo pulled the blanket closer to him, burying his face in it. "No... 5 more minutes dad..." He groggily replied.

The voice coughed awkwardly," Um... Ranboo, I'm not your dad."

Ranboo shot up in bed, blushing. He was not in his childhood home or his house in L'manburg. The man in front of him was not his father. "Phil? What am I doing here?"

"I don't know mate. You showed up here last night," Phil explained.

"What?!"

"Yeah, I just found you in Tommy's old bedroom," Phil said, gesturing around the room. It was a yellow mixed with cobblestone. Tommy had a terrible interior decorating taste. "Gave Techno quite the fright."

Ranboo lowered his eyes to the floor. His late parents had warned him about this. Phil sat down next to Ranboo on the bed.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" Phil asked.

Ranboo awkwardly studded the floor. He was tempted to tell Phil the truth, but that would be embarrassing. He decided to leave out a few critical pieces of information, that wouldn't be lying...right?

"I'm an enderman hybrid so at a certain age I'll start to teleport and stuff. I don't have control over it yet so I'm sorry if I scared you."

"It's not a problem Ranboo," Phil said, spreading his wings. "We hybrids have to stick together."

Ranboo chuckled. Thank goodness Phil didn't know the whole truth. Phil fed Ranboo a breakfast of pancakes. During breakfast, Phil asked if Ranboo would like to stay at Techno's cabin with them in case he teleported again so someone would notice he was missing.

Ranboo decline Phil's generous offer. He wanted to stay with Phil and Techno but didn't want to be a burden. Phil walked Ranboo to the nether portal. Ranboo got safely back to L'manburg. He wrote down what had happened in his journal.

---The next day--➳

"Ranboo?" Phil whispered, gently shaking the boy.

"Dad? " Ranboo mumbled.

"Not your dad, you teleported again."

Ranboo buried his face in his hands. "Sorry..."

Phil patted Ranboo on the back. "It's ok mate. Always happy to have you here."

Ranboo smiled. Phil said it so genuinely. Phil made Ranboo breakfast again. This time Ranboo insisted that he walked to the portal alone. Phil was too kind to him and Ranboo felt guilty for giving nothing in return.

This cycle of teleportation and waking up at Phil's house continued all week. Philza didn't seem to be upset about it. He actually seemed to enjoy Ranboo's company. One day after breakfast Phil asked Ranboo to stay and keep him company. Ranboo accepted the offer.

Phil and Ranboo played chess, built a house, and did some reading. Techno had a large library because of the bookworm he was. Ranboo read Techno's favorite book, "The Art of War" so he could talk about it with the pig hybrid when he saw him next. Ranboo didn't see the book Phil picked out.

After an hour of reading Phil closed his book. Ranboo got a look at the title, "A Complete Guide to Hybrids". Ranboo's jaw dropped. Phil had just discovered the facts that Ranboo had just tried to hide. Phil noticed Ranboo's panicked expression and sat down next to the boy on the couch. Phil put a wing behind Ranboo's back and hugged the hybrid close.

"So... the book on hybrids said that you teleport here because you see me as family. Is this true?" Phil said breaking the silence.

Ranboo awkwardly fidgeted with his hands. "Well... uh... you see, my blood family is dead and normally I would teleport there. But I guess I sorta see you as a father figure... I mean you made me pancakes, no one has done that for a while," Ranboo stammered out. He was in a mild panicked state.

"Awww son, you could've told me," Phil said, wrapping his wings tighter around him and the boy. Ranboo leaned into Philza's warmth. His soft feathers made the enderman hybrid feel safe. Phil gently rubbed Ranboo's back. The boy calmed down after a while.

"Is it ok if I call you son?" Phil asked.

Ranboo nodded. "Um... Can I call you dad?' He whispered.

Philza smiled. "Of course son," He said.

Ranboo moved into the cabin soon after. He didn't teleport during the night anymore.