Michael learns a lesson

➳A/N Sorry this chapter is short. I need to get back into my writing groove. :D

Ranboo felt a tug on his pant leg. He looked down to see a small piglin trying to get his attention.

"Hey Michael," Ranboo said, crouching down so he was at eye level with the boy.

Michael squealed and hugged his father around the neck. Ranboo rubbed Michael's back.

"What's up?"

Michael made a series of piglin sounds.

"Can you use your words?" Ranboo prompted.

"Out!" Michael yelled.

Ranboo ruffed Michael's head fur. "You want to go outside?"

Michael nodded eagerly.

Ranboo frowned. "I'm sorry bubs, but you can't go outside. Papa and father dearest are busy and can't watch you.

Michael lowered his head in disappointment.

"Don't cry bubs, you can go outside later," Ranboo said. He ruffled Michael's head fur one more time before walking away to complete his chores around the mansion.

Michael huffed. He had really wanted to go outside and run around in the woods. He wanted to pick some flowers out from the nearby field. Papa and father dearest always got so happy when Michael brought them flowers.

Michael eyed the open window across the kitchen. Father dearest had left it open this morning. Michael giggled to himself and tiptoed across the kitchen, climbing up on the contour to slip out. The window had a three-foot drop to the outside. Michael summoned the courage and jumped out, landing in tall grass.

He instantly knew where he was. The beehive was a few blocks away to the west, and the flower field not far beyond that. Michael squealed and startled to waddle over there, careful to look out for his parents. He didn't want to get in trouble! Then he wouldn't be able to go outside again.

Michael hummed to himself as he walked to the beehive. Papa really liked this song about two trucks.

When he got in range of the bee-hive he could see father dearest messing around. Michael hadn't thought this part of his plan through. He would have to sneak around father dearest. He held his breath and went around the bee-hives careful to keep low and under the bushes.

When Michael was sure he was out of sight he ran towards the flower field. The sun was starting to set so Michael would have to make his visit quick.

Papa's favorite flower was alliums. They were the purple flower Papa always kept on the kitchen table.

Father dearest's favorite flower was the oxeye daisy. That was the white and yellow flower father dearest made into flower crowns.

Michael scoured the field for his parent's favorite flowers, stuffing them into his overall pockets. He giggled to himself when he saw bumblebees that would land on the flowers he was trying to pick. The sky had turned from a light blue to pink. Michael sat down in the field and stared up at the sky. He wished his papa and father dearest were there to be with him.

Michael wandered around the field, losing track of time. The sky was now a dark blue. It reminded Michael of Uncle Techno's cape.

He figured it was time to go home. He looked around, trying to find the bushes that lead to the beehive. Where were they?

After minutes of searching, Michael had started to panic. He wanted his parents. Michael plopped down in the field of flowers and started to sob.

"PAPA!" He screamed. "FATHER DEAREST!" He screamed.

Michael curled into a ball, hopefully, he would be recused soon.

---➳

When Ranboo noticed Michael was missing he freaked out. In the past, there had been attempted kidnappings of Michael, but Ranboo had always been there to protect him.

He had checked every nook and cranny of the mansion. He must be outside.

Ranboo thought long and hard... Where was Michael's favorite place to go?

The flower field!

Ranboo closed his eyes and teleported to the flower field. He heard a faint "papa" in the distance. Ranboo scanned the field for a pink head. After a few minutes of searching, he spotted Michael, sitting in the middle of a patch of alliums.

"Michael!" Ranboo shouted.

Michael turned to Ranboo, tears running down his cheeks. "Papa!" He shouted back.

Ranboo scooped Michael up into a hug. "Oh, Michael I thought I lost you..."

"Sorry Papa," Michael whispered.

"It's ok bubs, but next time please don't sneak out."

Michael nodded. Ranboo carried Michael back to the mansion. Tubbo was there waiting. At the sight of the two Tubbo ran over, enveloping both in a hug.

"Thank goodness you're alright," Tubbo said, kissing Michael's forehead.

"Sorry..." Michael mumbled.

Tubbo scratched Michael's head fur. Michael leaned into the touch.

"Gift time!" Michael shouted, remembering the flowers in his pocket.

"You got us a gift?" Tubbo asked.

Michael nodded. He took the crushed flowers out of his overall pockets and handed them to papa and father dearest.

"Thank you for the gift Michael," Ranboo said grinning.

"But next time don't sneak out!" Tubbo added.

Michael nodded. He had learned an important lesson that day.