Chapter 1 : Am I Die?

SOJUNG, AGE 17 (1985)

"Spa-spare my family, Your Majesty. Please don't kill my family. I will do anything whatever you want. Ple-please don't kill them." Sojung bow down and begged to the King. "Whatever I want? Are you sure that you could give anything that I want?" The King asking him back for confirmation. "Ye-yes. Anything that yo-you want m-me to d-do." Sojung tried his best to hold her cry. She glances at her family which is they surrounded by the royal securities.

The royal securities pointed out their swords at her family's neck, waiting for the King's order. Her family crying despair because watching Sojung tried to save them desperately. "Then I want you serve me at my chamber. See you in a week because I have a place to go before went back to the palace." Sojung clenched teeth and look at the King eyes. "As your wish, Your Majesty." Sojung tried hold her angry. "I'm waiting for you, my dear Sojung."

The King walking away from her and ordered the royal securities to put away their swords. "Don't forget to send her to the palace a week later. Let's go." As the King and royal securities come out from her house, her family run toward her. "I'm so sorry, Sojung-ah." Her mother apologizes for being pathetic. Her father hugs her tightly and cry despair, regretfully for failure to protect her precious youngest daughter and whole family. "If I have more power and richer, maybe our family don't live like this." Her father sighing and keep blame on himself.

"It's not your fault, Father, Mother and Unnies. Maybe I'm just too pretty that's why the King want me." Sojung throw a light joke so her family don't have to blame on themselves. "Let's go eat, I'm so hungry." Sojung drag her parent to the kitchen. "Unnies, what you waiting for? Come here." Sojung smile brightly as she knew her sisters worry about what happened just now. Her sisters hesitate at first as they knew Sojung tried to calm them down. Sojung run toward her sisters and whispered softly on their ears about her ideas to solve the problems.

______

A WEEK LATER

"Hahahahaha. I knew it that you will come my dear Sojung." The King smile brightly as he happy that he got what he wants. "Come here, don't scared. Sit beside me." The King tap his hand on his chamber. Sojung sit carefully as she got nervous. Her face went to pale as she too nervous with her decision. The King caressing her face softly and whispered on Sojung's ear. "Don't worry, I'll be gentle on you." He kisses on Sojung's neck slowly. Sojung waiting for right time to do her mission.

As he put down his guard, she stabbing on his chest repeatedly. Before he could scream, she put his clothes on his mouth to prevent the sound come out from his throat. Then, she heard sound of many people running towards the room. She quickly pickup her clothes and hide behind of curtain. "Prince Taehyung is coming, Your Majesty." Eunuch Choi announced to the King but the King doesn't say anything.

Prince Taehyung feel something different from normal. "Open the door, Eunuch Choi." Eunuch Choi hesitate as he knew His Majesty with someone else. "B-but Prin-prince, His Majesty..." Prince Taehyung push the door before Eunuch Choi finished his words. They all went to shock as they saw His Majesty death. "Close the door, other people must not see this." Prince Taehyung command. "Guard! Find people who kill my father." Prince Taehyung look around surrounding the room as he feels something off.

"Eunuch Choi, we have to announce about the King's death in two days later. First, we must find the culprit and beheaded them. Second, we have to find someone who suit to rule the kingdom." Prince Taehyung discuss with Eunuch Choi. As he finished his words, he saw legs behind the curtain. "Eunuch Choi, go to find General Han. I need to talk with him." As he got rid of Eunuch Choi, he sits down on the King's chamber. "Come out, I know you're hiding behind the curtain." Sojung slowly come out from the curtain but still hide her face.

"Come here. Sit in front of me." Sojung follow Prince Taehyung orders. Prince Taehyung kneel down and snatch away her hand to see better her face. Sojung startled and look at Prince Taehyung eyes. He backed off as he knew that fucked up. He frustrated as she is the one his first love. If he knew about this earlier, maybe he could protect her without any flaws. "Spa-spare me, Prince Taehyung." Sojung burst her tears, she knew that she will be killed today.

Sojung confused as Prince Taehyung hugged her and wiped her tears. "Why you didn't tell me, my lady? Didn't I told you to do not hide anything from me? Didn't I'm strong enough to protect you?" Prince Taehyung said with trembling voice. "It not like that, I'm don't want you sacrifice yourself for me again. I don't want see you got hurt anymore." Sojung knew that Prince Taehyung was outcast in the palace and always got mistreated. But he always stands up even how much he has throughout. She admires him as she really loves how he treats people around him nicely.

"Kill her!!! Guard! Take away Prince Taehyung from her!" Crown Prince Bogum command. "No-no, hyung. She is not the killer." Prince Taehyung protect against her. Crown Prince Bogum smirking and look at Sojung fiercely. "Taehyung-ah, pull yourself together and stop barking up the wrong tree. I know you're love her but if she wrong, we have to punish her like other people." Prince Taehyung still shield of Sojung when the royal securities point out their swords to them.

"Taehyung-ah, as a brother I advised to you just blind your eyes. Stop being daredevil, little brother. She doesn't deserve it." Crown Prince Bogum provoked Prince Taehyung. "If you want kill her, then you must be trespassing me first." Prince Taehyung being cool as a cucumber. "Didn't you heard that? What you waiting for? Just kill them." The royal securities hesitate as Prince Taehyung is higher position from them and he is the only one who was there when them up and down.

"Hah, I knew it that you guys good for nothing." Crown Prince Bogum snatched away from one of royal securities and stabbed Prince Taehyung. Sojung went shocked as she saw the blood of Prince Taehyung. "No-no! No! Stay awake!" Sojung bursting her tears and tried to stop the blood with her clothes. "Hanging in there, Prince Taehyung." Crown Prince Bogum laughing at her reaction. "Now, you have two choices. First, marry me and love only me. Second, die with this useless brat." Crown Prince Bogum bend down, waiting for Sojung's choice.

"I choose to die." "What some sweet scenes. Unfortunately, you have to die too." Crown Prince Bogum sliced her chest. "I swear to God; you will be never feel happiness in your life even you're recreation in future!" Sojung slowly crawling toward Prince Taehyung after state a curse to Crown Prince Bogum. As she touches Prince Taehyung's hand, her eyes started blurry vision. 'Am I die? Wait for me, Prince Taehyung. In my next life, it's my turn to protect you whatever all costs. Please wait me, my love. Just a little bit.'