p2, Chapter 19

It was about eight o'clockthat night when the nurses had to tell Seth and I to leave the hospital. We we're so caught up in our little bean we hadn't noticed visiting time was long over. Luckily they understood and let us stay until then.

On the way home Seth reached over and grabbed my hand making me smile his way.

"Hey guess what!" I said excitedly.

"What?" Seth smiled.

"I love you!" I whispered.

"I love you more." Seth whispered back to me making me giggle.

"What do you say we go through Mcdonald's drive thru, go home, go to bed, wake up, and go see baby again?" I asked.

"I think that's the best idea you've ever had." Seth chuckled before placing soft kiss on my hand.

"You know, this was the best day of my life, and nobody can change that!"

Or, so I thought.

It was around eleven o'clock when it happened, Seth and I were already fast asleep. But the ringing of the phone woke me from my dreams. Setting up, I turned the lamp on before picking the phone up.

"Hello?" I asked sleepily.

"Um, hi, is this Ember Mendez?" A woman asked kindly.

"It sure is. What's the pleasure?"

"This is Heather. The receptionist at the hospital your son is at."

"Okay?" I said getting a little impatient.

"I'm afraid I've got some terrible news. We went in for one of Ajax's nightly feeding and he," she paused, "He wasn't breathing. Our doctors went in to see if the could revive him but his heart had popped like a water balloon.

Suddenly it felt like my entire world had collapsed. I brought my hand to my mouth as I dropped the phone and began to wail. Seth rolled over and looked at me with worried eyes. I wanted to explain to him what has happened but my mouth can't form any words.

"Hun, what's wrong?!" He asked scared.

I pointed at the phone while I laid my head back down on the pillow. Watching Seth his face went from soft and worried, to hard and angry. Without a word Seth hung the phone up and threw it across the room.

I reached over attempting to comfort him but he swatted my hand away and crawled off the bed. It only made me cry more. He was my rock, the only person that could help me right now and he won't.

"Colby, please?" I reached out.

"No!" He yelled, "I'm fucking done with all this!"

"With what?" I cried confused.

He balled up his fist and hit the wall making me flinch.

"Please, talk to me.." I cried softly.

"I-I sacrificed everything for you. I never wanted to have a relationship. I never dreamed about having kids. I just wanted to be alone. But you came along and fucked all that up!!"

"That's what you do when you love someone!!!" I yelled, "You think I wanted to quit my job only to find out this kid I was carrying might not make it? Then as soon as he does, he doesn't. I wanted so many things to go different for us. But we don't always get what we want Colby. We just have to make do with what we do get."

Seth shook his head with a disgusted look on his face.

"I think you should just go.." He mumbled.

"No, you are not doing this to me! I've been through to damn much!! Please, don't make me do this, again." I begged.

"You aren't leaving?" He asked.

"No."

"Then I guess I will."

I watched as he walked to the bedside table and grabbed his wallet and keys. Following him to the living room, he put his shoes on and headed for the door. I chuckled a little bit about how stupid he was acting.

"It's okay, I'll be here when you come back." I laughed.

"That's the thing babe, I'm not coming back."

He was right.

Three weeks later and I still set in his house all alone. I hadn't spoke to anyone actually. I was too pissed off to contact anyone. But I knew, when the time was right I'd know what to do.

Being here, all alone, mad me think. Boy did I become angry these last three weeks. I knew none of this was my fault. Hell, it wasn't anybody's fault. But I was going to take it out on somebody I needed to release my anger.

Getting up I turned the tv on. A old rerun of RAW was on. That was it. everything clicked.

I reached for my phone and dialed him. He would answer, I just knew it.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey Brock, I need a favor."

×the next chapter is going to skip a few years so be prepaired×