Chapter 6: Love Me

⚠️⚠️⚠️ WARNING!!! ⚠️⚠️⚠️

This chapter contains scenes of explicit mature contents. A warning sign will be put at the start of that particular scene. Don't worry, it's not violent. XD

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I do apologize if you are not a fan of such a genre. Anyway, please enjoy the story.

Cover of the Chapter: Credits to https://twitter.com/nina_sukinamono

xxxxxxxxxxx

28th Floor, Kirito Synthesis Thirty-Three's Chambers, Central Cathedral

Two clerics, Bercouli and Fanatio were standing by the large bed, watching intently as Ayuha, the head of the clerics, was inspecting the fallen black knight lying on the bed. Asuna knelt on the other side of the bed, her hand had unconsciously extended towards Kirito, holding his cold hand in her palm in an attempt to find some warmth in them. Alice was right beside her, draping a blanket over her shoulders to conceal her slightly revealing form as her breastplate was removed. Eugeo was standing behind the two girls, watching his partner. A hint of worry could be seen from under the emotionless mask. They had been working together for quite some time and deep in inside he felt that it may have been even longer as he felt a special connection with him.

Half an hour ago

Eugeo had heard Asuna's cries echoing through the corridor. He was resting in his room when it happened and was surprised by this as she sounded as if she was in a panic. Dashing out of his room with this trusty Blue Rose Sword, he could see Renly exiting his room in a frantic as well. The two of them reached the opened doors to Kirito's room and saw the horrific scene. Two people on the carpeted floor. Kirito was choking in Asuna's arms as she cried out his name with tears in her eyes. Blood flowed from his mouth, staining her clothes and dripping into the puddle of blood on the floor.

"I-I'll get the chief commander and Lady Ayuha!" Renly said, he was shaken by the scene before him but had quickly snapped out of it. Eugeo nodded silently and Renly ran towards the stairs, heading up to get them the help they need.

Alice, who had just arrived at the Cathedral, saw the panicking young knight and knew right away something bad has happened. 'Did Kirito did something to Asuna? Don't tell me he-' She dreaded as she ran towards Kirito's room. She had seen how angry he was back in the Dark Territory, dragging Asuna onto his dragon and charging back to the Cathedral with incredible speed.

As she halted right at the doorstep, she saw the same dreadful scene and ran inside. With an arm around his shoulders, Eugeo carried the now unconscious Kirito to the bed. Asuna's wide eyes stared at the pool of blood before her, finally registering just how much blood he was losing. "This...not this again..." She clasped her hands over her mouth, trying to keep in her cries.

"Asuna! What happened?! Are you hurt?! Let me see!" Alice kneeled beside the girl, lightly holding both her shoulders so that she would face her. She took Asuna's trembling hands into her own, scanning for any wounds that she might have. When she found none, Alice looked into her face. Her dishevelled appearance made her believed that Kirito had really harmed her, but the absence of any wounds or bruises made her let her think otherwise. "Asuna...talk to me...What happened?" Alice asked carefully.

"A-Alice...Kirito-kun is...I think he was poisoned. Back when he protected me from the assassins...It's all my fault!" Asuna sobbed, tears fell from her eyes. "If something happens to him...I...I..."