Chapter 2 : Cold-Blooded

⚠️⚠️⚠️ WARNING!!! ⚠️⚠️⚠️

This chapter contains scenes of explicit mature contents. A warning sign will be put at the start of that particular scene. Just a heads up, it's going to be kinda rough. So...

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I do apologize if you are not a fan of such a genre. Anyway, please enjoy the story.

xxxxxxxxxxx

"Who are you?" Words came right out of his mouth as Asuna felt her heart stop, taking a step back with a small gasp but her hands never leaving his chest. His cold eyes glinted in a hint of gold narrowed slightly as they dropped downwards staring at the pearly white hands placed on him before gazing back into her hazel eyes. "How did you even know my name?" His tone was monotonous and distant.

Asuna shook her head vigorously in disbelief, her trembling hands moved upwards and held the sides of his face, her thumbs grazed his cheeks, trying to feel his usual warmth. "No...this...this can't be true...it can't be true! Right, Kirito-kun?! Please tell me this isn't true..." She cried, gazing into his eyes in search of any sign of his usual naivety in those onyx orbs. Despite all her efforts, she couldn't find any traces of his usual self and tears streamed down her face.

He raised a brow questioningly with a slight tinge of annoyance. Grabbing one of her wrists, he roughly shook her and glared into her face at a close range. The chestnut-haired girl yelped softly as she was startled by the aggressive action, her teary eyes widened at him. Her quivering lips attempted to call his name once again but he cut her off without a second thought. "I asked a question, woman! Who. Are. You?!" He growled at her, pausing for a few seconds to listen for a reply but there was none but small whimpers coming from her. Gritting his teeth in irritation, he forcefully pushed the girl to the ground.

"A-ah!" A small yelp came from Asuna as she was unable to control the force of the shove, collapsing to the ground painfully. Alice had snapped out from her trance and quickly went to her aid. Having a soft spot for girls, Edith joined Alice without a word.

"A-are you okay?" Alice asked, kneeling down and offered Asuna a hand which the latter gratefully accepts. Edith kneeled beside Asuna, supporting her back with a firm grip on her shoulders. Her ruby red eyes then went from the gentle compassion to boiling anger as she glared at Kirito.

"W-why? It's...it's me...Asuna. Don't you remember me? Yuuki Asuna...remember, Kirito-kun? And your real name is...Kirigaya...Kazuto..." Asuna whimpered, trying to convince him.

"Doesn't ring a bell." Kirito shrugged, ruffling his hair. "Tch. This is a waste of time. If talking and crying is all you wanted, then get out of my sight."

"What the hell is your problem?! We, integrity knights, may be individuals with our memories stripped away from us. We may have changed from who we were back then. Even if you had no memories of her, that doesn't make it any better to treat her this way! She came all this way for you, doesn't that speak volumes to you?!" Edith, who could not hold in her anger any longer, yelled.

"Does it look like I care? All I wanted was a good fight. That's what I'm here for. Or are you willing to take me on, 'Edith-dono'?"Kirito smirked, calling her name mockingly with one hand holding onto the hilt of his sword.

"Don't get so cocky, you bastard. You're naïve to think that you could beat me so easily." Edith muttered lowly, unsheathing her black katana, the Dark Slash Sword. Kirito's smirk grew wider as he became interested in the battle.