Chapter 10: Our 200-Year Future Together

⚠️⚠️⚠️ WARNING!!! ⚠️⚠️⚠️

This chapter contains scenes of explicit mature contents. A warning sign will be put at the start of that particular scene.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

As always, I do apologize if you are not a fan of such a genre. Anyway, please enjoy the story.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Another morning, another day, Asuna walked towards the long elegant curtains, quietly sliding them open and tying them to the side. The golden gentle sunlight from the rising sun shone into the bedroom. The girl took a deep breath, taking in as much fresh air as she could. Her hazel eyes opened, gazing at the awakening of the bustling Centoria down below. From the 28th floor of Central Cathedral, she could barely see the people but she could see shop carts moving around, starting off their businesses. "Looks like it's going to be another lively day, isn't it...?" She spoke softly with a smile lingering on her face. She turned her face over to the bed behind her and her smile fell into a bitter one as she stared at the boyish sleeping face. "Kirito-kun..."

Not receiving any response as usual but merely soft breathing coming from him, Asuna sighed and sat beside him on the edge of the bed. Her fingers gently caressed his pale face, brushing the bangs of his hair to the side. It has been nearly two weeks since Asuna had made the choice to merge Kirigaya Kazuto's memory fragment into Kirito Synthesis 33. The state of the said knight was unstable as his Piety Module was crumbling away after his sacrifice. If the Piety Module had disintegrated at that moment, all of Kirito Synthesis 33's personality would have been deleted. She didn't want that. The black knight's personality was manifested due to the real Kirito's memories being suppressed. They were sides of Kirito had unconsciously suppressed away. She wanted Kirito to embrace himself, she wanted to be able to love all sides of him. That was what led her to that decision.

The merging process seemed like a success but Kirito was left in a comatose state. The damage to his soul and his body was severe and needed time to heal. All this time, Asuna stayed by his side, nursing him, making sure that he was comfortable every day. Her reminiscing was cut short by a small grunt coming from the boy. His brows furrowed uncomfortably and his closed eyes trembled. Whether it was a nightmare or the effects of merging the memories together, it was unclear. But Asuna was already used to his reaction from him and lightly rubbed his chest to calm him. She remembered how happy she was when she first saw him stirring like this, only to feel even lonelier when she realized that he would still remain unconscious. "How long are you going to stay like this, Kirito-kun? Everyone's worried about you, everyone misses you...I miss you..." Her eyes started to blur with tears as she touched her forehead onto his.

She was worried about him. If he were to continue staying in that state, he would not survive. His Life continues to deplete as days passed due to his body unable to take in any food. The most she could do was pour a few spoonfuls of water into his mouth every hour to make sure he stays hydrated. Noticing his pained expression loosened, Asuna breathed a relieved sigh. She held his hand that had grown visibly boney, losing the plump and strong feeling in them. Bringing his palm over to her belly, Asuna kissed his lips and smiled. "Don't give up on me, okay? Our baby wants to meet their father soon."

A light knock on the door sounded and Asuna sat upright, allowing the visitor to enter. "Hey Asuna, how is he today?" A masculine voice asked as the visitor stepped into the room, the flaxen wavy locks swayed gently as he moves. It was Eugeo, entering the room with a tray of clean towels and water with him, a calm smile plastered on his face just like usual. With the destruction of the energy crystal, the force suppressing the integrity knights' memories had weakened. Most knights were given the opportunity to merge with their memory fragments and to reunite with their loved ones. Though, having lived as knights for quite some time, they all chose to continue their duties as usual. Those who had already lost their past, had also chose to remain as knights to protect the Human Empire, to protect the world their loved ones had or still live in.