6- The Ending

"Theo, why won't you stop it!" Pansy said to Theo angrily. He sighed.

"Baby- it's just a rule, you can't interfere!"

"-Don't 'baby' me! You poor excuse of a friend!" She faced her back to him and crossed her arms angrily, looking at the fight.

There had been a big crowd of Hogwarts students that had been called in by other students who spread the word; Blaise Zabini and Ronald Weasley were having a punch up in the middle of the Three Broomsticks. All the other customers and cashiers had evacuated, while the owner called Headmistress McGonagall to come down immediately.

As the couple arrived next to their friends, Hermione looked up at him expectantly.

"Don't look at me, love, it's just how it is. It's a-"

"-a rule." She looked at him unimpressed. She took her arm from around his and glared at him. He gave her a look of horror and tried to grab her arm back again but she wasn't budging. He sighed dramatically.

"Aye, Blaise, mate, finish up, and let's go, before we get into trouble!" Draco yelled. Blaise immediately stopped at his voice and looked up surprised. His eyes moved from Draco to Hermione and they smiled at him. He smiled back which caused his busted lip to drip more in blood, which made Ginny gasp in horror, but he was too distracted it seemed, as Ron got the upper hand and flipped them over, punching him up.

"Ronald! Stop it!" Ginny screamed but it was no use. 

"That's why you don't interfere, look what Draco did!" Theo said throwing his arms into the air while looking at the fight, not noticing Draco was able to speak now.

"If you two," Ginny said pointing to Theo and Draco. "don't carry Blaise out of here this instant, there will be consequences!" She glared at the. Theo laughed, like she wasn't actually serious, but when Pansy glared at him he quickly pecked her on the cheek and grabbed Draco by the sleeve towards the fight.

"Okay, where do we start?" Theo said adjusting his sleeves.

"Kick Ron off, roughly," Draco whispered eyeing Hermione who gave him a curious look. "I'll grab Blaise by the arms, and we run quickly to the lake just out of Hogsmeade, okay?"

"Okay." Theo nodded.

"Quickly now, go." Draco instructed and Theo did exactly what he was told, kicking Ron in the ribs roughly off of Blaise. Draco lifted Blaise up and got him out, the five followed behind him. Draco and Theo were simply going to pay for interfering in the fight, Blaise thought, glaring at the floor.

Draco shoved him into the grass and brushed himself down. Blaise groaned as Ginny pushed past Theo and Draco.

"What was that?!" She demanded down on him. He looked up at her, squinting his eyes.

"I couldn't let him get away with it." He sighed and stood up. "And you two! You guys interfered!" Blaise said starting to aim his fist towards Theo but was stopped by Draco.

"What even happened?" Draco asked. The girls now seemed like they were not apart of the conversation anymore and stood behind them.

"Dude, he rocks up like he owns the place, and then he insults Ginny, for being with me, and- and then he," He leaned in close to his friends, so that the girls wouldn't hear. "He just mentioned the Death Eater stuff, and talked about you guys, okay?" 

"Okay- just go and clean yourself up." Draco said with a faint frown and they all let go of each other. Theo went to Pansy immediately and they started whispering to each other, while Blaise walked to Ginny with his head hung low in shame. She shook her head at him and sat them both down near the water, taking out her wand and healing him.

Hermione walked towards Draco who looked out to the lake, distracted. She stayed silent next to him, letting him think.

"Just thinking," He said abruptly turning to her, his arms snaked around her waist. "how.. lucky I am to be with you, and to have you love me," He whispered to her and leaned in. "I mean, you actually love me back, how can it be?" He told her, letting out a deep breath.

"I've loved you for a while now, a bit after our friends started hanging out, and we became good friends.." She trailed off as they started walking around the lake slowly. "I just thought that I'd probably have to keep it to myself.. forever." She looked up at him, squinting her eyes slightly. He looked down on her intently. "I thought that I would just end up drifting from you after you kissed another girl, and then years later, I'd see you happy and me.. I don't know."

"But even if it was that way, you'd find someone."

"I would, but deep down my heart would always belong to you, even if you didn't know it. It's yours to keep. And if I just saw you with someone that wasn't me, I think that.. my heart would shatter." She looked down at the green grass and squeezed his hand tightly.

"You deserve way better than.. this." He grimaced ever so slightly and she snapped her head towards him, about to speak, but he beat her to it. "I don't know when, but my heart started beating faster whenever I was around you, and I just couldn't help but put my arm around you, offer my arm to you, walk you to classes or lunch, or just hug you for the sake of it." He sighed and squeezed her hand tightly back. "I just kept thinking how you could never like me, only come to like me as a friend, because I'm a Malfoy, a bully, it just doesn't make sense." He looked down on her, a defeated look on his face, and they slowly stopped walking.

"But is it such a crime to want to have you so badly, that it hurts, and.. you, me?" He cupped the side of her face as she shook her head 'no'.

 She smiled at him sadly and hugged him tightly. "I think I'm much more selfish.. just drifting away from you when I don't get my way.. cowardly." She told him, but she was more telling herself that.

"I love you, I just want you to know it deep in your heart.. please?" He told her, separating from the hug. 

"Of course I know it." She grabbed his left forearm softly and pulled his black jumper sleeve up. "But I just want you to keep this thought with you." She looked up from the mark to him. "Whenever you look at it, just think of me.. us." He nodded and she laughed softly. "I know.. I think, we're together, and it feels as if we're moving quickly, but it feels as if I've known you.. the real you, forever."

"You really think after all that we wont be together? Don't be daft." He huffed and leaned in, capturing her lips. 

Maybe it felt like it was moving too quick. How did it seem to happen in an instant? It seemed it was. 

There wasn't such a thing as falling in love too easily or falling too fast. Or loving someone too soon or trusting someone too easily.

Some people move you, and some don't.

And in between kisses, they murmured sweet nothings and silly secrets to each other. And it stayed with them forever.