eight

What the hell do I do now?

     I read the text from Calum over and over again. I could probably recite the entire message word for word by now.

     Michael must've woken Luke up when we went in the room. That's the only way that he would know how Michael came in.

     Ashton must've seen me getting upset because he started to scoot closer to me and he pulled me into his arms where I was laying in his lap. I didn't mind being held by him, I just hope he doesn't ask what's wrong.

     "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks me.

     The truth is, I do. I do want to talk about it. Ashton would be the perfect guy to rant about this too. But I really don't want to upset him.

     "Not right now. Maybe later," I mumble.

     "Okay, I'm here if you need me," He says, playing with my hair.

     What would Calum even do with that information? Does he know something I don't? Why does he care?

     Thoughts race through my mind as I try to fit together pieces as to why Calum is doing this. It makes no sense.

I get up from Ashton's lap and rub my face. I need to talk with Michael.

"Hey Ashton? I hate to ask you to leave but I need to talk with Michael and it's kinda important," I bite my lip.

"Oh, okay. I'll talk to you later then," He says. I can see his mood dropping from his face.

Ouch. I found a new hate: seeing Ashton's face when he's upset.

Ashton walks out of the room and not long after Michael comes in.

"Ashton said you wanna talk to me?" Michael says, sounding confused.

"Look," I hand my phone that's open to Calum's message to Michael.

     Michael bites his lip and hands the phone back to me.

     "Damn, I'm sorry. I thought I was careful coming in but I guess not," Michael says.

     We go back and forth on what to do. I want to talk to Calum about it but Michael just wants to let it pass. I would do that but I know that the idea of Calum being able to expose that whenever makes me nervous. Especially because he doesn't know what actually happened, he's just assuming.

     I take my phone out to text Calum back.

     Me: Michael just wanted to shower... Also don't call me naughty gal

Under normal circumstances, I'd be bragging to Vivian about what me and Michael did. He's quite the attractive guy so I'd say it's a flex. But under these circumstances, I don't want the whole bus to know my business.

Calum: Whatever you say. I'll keep my mouth shut for now

Although I'd rather Calum keep his mouth shut forever, I can try to trust that he won't say anything now. Michael doesn't really seem phased by all this. He seems sorry for someone figuring it out but he doesn't seem bothered that they know.

"You know what I say you should do?" Michael speaks up.

"What?" I ask, curious about what he's thinking.

"You mess with Calum's head. He's my friend and all but I know how he is. If he's messing with someone like this and they do something back, he usually backs off," Michael explains.