𝐕𝐈 - 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

(Word count: 2185)

Scarlett's POV

When I reached the dining room after getting lost at least 2 times, I was amazed. This wasn't just a dinner, well it was but the room was decorated, just like someone's birthday, it was, and the whole room was so noisy. It was a party.

I scanned the crowd and spotted a young boy around 13 years sitting on the head of the table complaining about not wanting to wear a birthday cap. I walked towards him and wished him. He looked so much like his father, green eyes black hair, built body and he was tall for his age. Of course, being the beta's son has its perks.

I was about to return to where I stood before when he asked me something I didn't quite hear cause' of the chattering. But after using my enhanced hearing I found that he was asking me who I was.

"I've never seen you before. Are you new to this pack? You don't even have a scent." He asked so many questions.

Fuck. I don't have a scent and I could see that Apollo was coming towards me.

That guy can never stop giving me the willies.

"Yes, that is my question exactly, son." Apollo cane over keeping his hands on Raymond's shoulder.

"Well...as I said that my parents died fighting rouges, they gave me a potion. You see that potion hides our scent."

"And where exactly did your parents got that type of potion? In fact who were your parents?"

Only if I knew.

"My parents were from the...Cresent Stone Pack." I told him the information I knew. I didn't know why it was important so I'm sure Apollo won't. After all, I am smarter than him, all those years...

"Cresent Stone? That was destroyed years ago and you said-" before he could say anything else I cut him off.

"Yes. I know what I said. I and my parents escaped. And the attackers, some escaped too....they found us and.. yea..." I lied.

"Well, how did you come across such a rare potion?" he asked narrowing his eyes.

Ooo...rare potion.

"My parents..they came across a..witch who was...wounded, yes she was wounded, and they helped her. In return, she gave them the potion. When the attackers attacked my parents gave that to me so I drank it and it would hide my scent and I ran." I told him, mentally patting myself for making that believable story.

He just nodded and then I saw Austin come up to me his brown curls falling to his face. I went away from Raymond and his devil father heading towards him.

"Hey...Listen I-" Austin started but I held my hand up.

"You don't need to explain. At least not to me." I told him pointing at Belle who was now basically the star of the crowd.

He growled and I chuckled.

"Sorry dude..can't help you, not this time." I said remembering what Belle had said bout' me.

I was still hurt that my best friend kept secrets from me when I blindly told her everything bout' me, at least what I knew. It seems that Belle knows more things about me than I know about myself.

Austin looked at me and said "Please.... pleaseee...."

"Nope."

"Pleasee.....I'll do anything."

"Fine.." I finally agreed. "But I get to hit one of the guys on the face."

"Deal." He smirked.

I went towards Belle and she just smiled at me sheepishly, I rolled my eyes.