Prologue

......

Rogues

Rogues are werewolves that have either been kicked out of their pack or left on their own free will. They don't intend on hurting other packs or people. They just generally want to live on their own. These types of rogue wolves are usually called lone wolves.

Alpha

The alpha is the leader of the pack, they try their best to keep up with what's going on within the pack. They see each of the pack members as family and make important decisions that reflect the growth and welfare of the pack. An alpha's mate is called a Luna and is the female equal to the alpha.

Beta

The Beta is Second in command. They are thought of as less important than the Alpha and Luna, but more important than the rest of the pack. They also lead the pack when the Alpha and Luna are away from the pack.

Mates

Each werewolf has a mate. The mates are their destined soulmates and they were chosen by the moon goddess (their god). Werewolves usually find their mate after their first shift which is usually between the age of 16-17. Mates are very possessive of each other especially the male. They feel tingles and sparks when they touch, that's how they know if they are mates. You will also know when someone is your mate when you catch their scent and it is intoxicating and you will feel a pull to them. When you mark your [mate] you bite them where their neck meets their shoulder. It doesn't hurt and it's the only mark that is permanent for werewolves.

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

~Scarlett

Five months. 5 months have passed since I broke up with Lucas. And yet he is still stuck in my head. I can't believe I was stupid enough to think that he loved me until he rushed into things. I haven't found my mate yet, I am 19 and I have been searching for him for 3 years already... I finally gave up when I was assigned to kill the strongest Alpha there is, Alpha Alexander...he is a ruthless Alpha who kills with no reason, like the only life that matters is his...

I have to get ready for my training at 6. Yet here I am sitting on a chair enjoying the view of my pack, Night pack. It is a beautiful pack, little birds are chirping, there's a cool breeze blowing against my warm skin-

My phone began ringing. It was the Alpha of this pack, Matthew William Jackson.

"Hello?" I growled.

"Where are you? He is getting mad. Remember he sees all." He said lowly.

"Yes Matthew... I'll be there in a minute," I said checking the time. 6:03.

He hung up. I pity him. He found me on the borders of his pack when I was 8 years old. My parents died because of rogues, then. He trained me well, I became the strongest she-wolf in this pack. I call him Matthew cause' he isn't my father. He is 25 years old. But why bother when you know your parents are dead, just accept the fact. I was hurt badly on the day he assigned me to kill someone. I thought that I was a weapon all along in his eyes, not a daughter even though I don't call him father, he is a father figure to me. But that was the day he told me a secret no one knew. I was thirteen then.

He told me that it is his older brother that is the real Alpha of the Night pack. That he was just the cover-up Alpha so that all the blame would be on him. He told me that his brother has his pregnant mate, Rose Amelia Jackson, hostage. And if he doesn't follow whatever his brother tells him, he will kill his kid. I will go on that story later.