Ⅲ - Disquite

Scarlett's POV

We somehow got in the packhouse after Apollo, the beta, asked us some questions. We said like we were told to do and I was sweating the whole time.
Alexander's blue eyes were on me most of the time and I was so relieved when he went away to complete pack business.

Right now I am in a bedroom that is 3 times larger than my old room. It has dark grey painted walls, a queen-sized bed, a bookshelf with tons of books, a bathroom connected, a small desk, a sofa, and 2 AC.

They sure are rich. Benefits of being the strongest Alpha in the world.

Belle asked for the same room for both of us but the Alpha kindly gave us different rooms.
Thank God.
Whenever belle comes into my room she starts cleaning everything and I can't seem to find my shits.

She's a clean freak.

I slowly opened the door and peeked to check if anyone was there. I quietly walked to Belle's room and slipped in.

She was sleeping! It hasn't even been an hour and she slept. 

I tried waking her up but she wouldn't budge. So I shouted in her mind through the mind link we have.

She shot up from bed screaming.

At least this place has soundproof walls.

"What the fuck is wrong with you. Why did you scream?" She asked me wiping her mouth which had some drool.

"Oh? I screamed? You should have heard yourself."

"That was me? wow...Then I heard your voice in my head. Great, now you're haunting my dreams!" She shouted.

"Why do you always have to9 shout whenever we are talking? We came on a MISSION and you are fucking starting a fight by shouting! You do this every single time! And besides, I just shouted from the mind-link." I said raising my voice, but it can never be as loud as hers. She screams like a banshee.

We are so weird. We can start a fight anywhere. I remember when we were fighting rogues as a part of our training, I accidentally clawed her favourite Nike shoes while I was aiming at the rouge and she started fighting me. It took her two guards to detach her from me. But of course, she barely left a scratch on me, and that's what frustrated her the most.

"Now who's shouting?"

I rolled my eyes and reminded her that there was a bigger problem, my mate, than me haunting her dreams.

"But how did you do that? I thought mind-links only works when we open it." 

"Open it? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I teased.

"Scar!"

"Okay, okay..even I don't know how it's like that. But I sure as hell know that it wasn't worth it drinking your filthy blood. No wonder mosquitoes never bite you. I bet mine tastes b-"

"Bad! So bad!" Belle interjects.

I laughed at the way she reacts, she did use to drink kale juice every morning. 

"Anyways, what about your mate huh?" she asked wiggling her brows.

I blushed and smacked her and she fell laughing hard.

"Do that again and you're dead."

"Finally, now I'm going to rub all those things you said to me, what I did with Austin, in your face." A frown plastered her face at the name of Austin.

"You should forgive him, I'm sure he had his reasons, which I'm sure was for protecting you," I said studying her face.

She looked at me and shook her head.
"There is no way I'm going to do that. He gave me a heart attack, and I'm supposed to just forgive him?"

"Yes! Isn't that what mates are supposed to do? You told me that yourself!" I argued.

"What would you do if that happened to you? Wouldnt yo-" She asked me then shut herself realising what she said.

"I know what I'd do Belle, and that's not a problem anymore. I'm sure he wanted this. I'm 100 percent sure that Matthew's bro works for him." I answered my voice coming out in a whisper.

"OMG, I'm so sorry Scar! I didn't mean it like that. Please forgive me...It's just that I....you make me lose my mind."
"That's fine, And in case you didn't know, the blood that came from my ears last time was because of your voice," I told her lighting up the mood.

She threw a pillow at me and began to laugh.
"That was your fault! You shouldn't have pulled a prank like that! Someone could have gotten hurt!"

"Could have? I got blood out of my ears! What more do you want?"

Two weeks ago Austin's parents invited two of us to dinner so, I bought a fake cockroach and while I was braiding her hair I tied the cockroach on her head. When we went to her Parent-in-law's house....she went to the bathroom and I followed after some time. When I reached Her she s reamed like a banshee. Like literally, I had blood oozing out of my ears. I sometimes think that she is a part banshee.

"It was still your fault! You know I'm scared of cockroaches! They are little pests! Have you ever heard how their name sounds like! COCK-ROA-CHES! EEEE!" She said in a disgusted voice.
I saw a shudder run down her spine and I laughed so hard.

"Fuck you, Scarlett Black!"

"I know right! Fuck me! Fuck my life! Dude, we have a bigger problem, Alexander." I reminded her, getting serious.

Then a knock came on her door.
I stood up and opened the door and saw a pale little lady with blue eyes and blond hair.
"Scarlett Black."

I tensed. No one knows my name. Okay, other than whoever is a part of Operation-killing-Alpha-Alexander.

"Who are you?" I asked, feeling my eyes getting darker.
The girl got scared and flinched. But then she gained her position and handed me a black phone. It was iPhone 11.

Fuck.

"Who is it?" Belle came from behind.

"Isabelle Elizabeth Carter." The blondie said.
Belle too tensed but told her shits.

"I'd rather prefer Isabelle Carter or Beth Carter."

I rolled my eyes and asked blondie what she wanted.
She told us that the iPhone had all the contacts I needed. She also gave me 3 bottles of the same liquid I drank before coming here.

I took it and was going to close the door when she took an envelope out of nowhere. She handed it to me and left without saying anything.

I looked at the envelope and saw words there.

To: My beloved Scarlett

I tore the envelope opened and just as I was about to read Belle snatched it away from me.
I groaned and was about to curse when she started reading it.

"My dear weapon,
You have successfully entered the Dark pack without giving anyone their doubts. Now all you need to do is gain Alpha Alexander's trust and kill him."

"Stop it, Belle! Someone will hear you!"I whisper screamed.

And someone was standing at the turn. I used my enhanced sight and... saw the familiar blue eyes of Alexander.

"Fuck"