𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 - 𝐀 𝐆𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐬𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

(Word count: 1806)

Scarlett's memory, Third-person POV.

"Harder!" 

"Harder!" He screamed as he looked at her, pure anger burning in his eyes. But she could barely hear anything.

She was now shaking, half in anger and half in fear. She didn't want to end up in the same place again, like the last time she failed him.

"HARDER!" he screamed once again, this time even louder than the last. Spit flew out of his mouth as he yelled, which made her sweat, even more, this time from the fear she was feeling.

Why won't it break? Just break! For my sake, Please! she thought as if it could listen, she was just frustrated that was all.

She was hitting harder and harder as every second passed, each time with more force than the last as her knuckles became bloodier and bloodier.

Then finally, it broke.

12-year-old Scarlett had finally punched the living shit out of the thing in front of her. She didn't know what it was, nor did she care. She just wanted to break that goddamn thing.

She didn't want to end up in the same place as last time she let him down.

"Pleasing." he finally said his eyes betraying his words. There was no pride filled in his eyes as Scarlett had hoped. But there was only disappointment.

Scarlett found herself frowning as her chest grew more burdensome along with her eyes, droopier.

She had thought that finally, she would be able to please her tutor, but no, nothing ever did anymore.

"Why aren't you ever proud? I do everything you ask and yet! Yet you do that to me!" Scarlett cried out yearning for an answer.

He looked at her with anger. She chocked out a cough as her hand raised to her now stinging cheek.

"You know, you remind me more and more of your father every day." He said. And just like that, he left.

Scarlett didn't understand what he wanted from her.
She did all that he asked without arguing even though some of them seemed impossible, at least for her age. But she still did it, trying her best until she finally succeeded. She hoped that one day, one day she would eventually be free. Free of everything, her misery, the pain. But sometimes the truth hurts too much to bear. Deep down she knew that this would never end. That she will be following after her tutor all her life. She will need to. He provides everything for her and even though she despises him, he will always be the one she turns to. If not now, then later. At least that's what he had told her.

Right now, nothing happened. Whatever hope that was left in her had fled. Soon, Scarlett started to feel exactly what he used to say.

A degradation, a coward, a scoundrel, every bad thing in the world. She started to hate herself. For not enduring the pain. For not standing up for herself. For doing everything he asked for without hesitating. She never tried to escape, not anymore because every time she did he made her wish she were never born in the first place. And she did. Once she even thought of ending her life but that was years ago when she had no idea of anything and it was for a different purpose.

As each day passed by, each emotion left her body and soul. Until she was burning. Burning for revenge. Revenge for everything he had ever done to her. She wanted to return the favour but a hundred times more than that.