Chapter 2: Meeting The Red Queen

Mantis pov:

I was watching Tsunami pace around by the river in the cave. She seems to be arguing with her self about leaving every one behind and trying to escape. After about a minute or so of pacing she decides to jump in and start swimming down stream. Until Webs and Kestrel walk in with Morrowseer and see her swimming to the second hole. Webs without a second thought jumps in and starts fighting to drag her out.

Kestrel: Dune chains now!!!

Sunny runs in and tries to stop them but is held off by Morrowseer's tail. Clay and Starflight come in soon after to see what was going on. By then Webs had dragged Tsunami to a stalagmite where Dune and Kestrel chained her to and melted the ends together.

Tsunami: When i get out of here i'l-

Morrowseer: Your not getting out of here until you are needed for the prophecy and by then you will be handed over to the Talons of Peace and the bug will be given to the nightwings to breed the perfect weapon for us to use.

Tsunami at that point began singing the dragonet song terribly mind you but singing non the less. I was lashing my tail due to what that damn sand eater just said occasionally i would slam my tail against a stalagmite and destroy it. My tusk began to unconsciously protrude from my jaw. Sunny was look at me like i would actually kill someone right now. To stop myself from doing anything i may regret i go to the sleeping caves to calm down. But as i leave i catch.

Morrowseer: She wont be the one to save the world look to the nightwing we are natural born leaders he will save the world.

I try my hardest not to laugh at that. Starflight a leader? Ha I've seen cows with more guts than him. When i get into the sleeping cave area i walk past Glory's cave and i hear crying? I walk in and see Glory curled into a ball shuddering. I walk over and lay down next to her.

Mantis: Want to talk?

Glory: Are they going to kill me? I want the truth.

Mantis: They will try so they can save face with the overgrown shadow.

Glory: Will you try to stop them?

Mantis: For as long as i can but i wont be here for long.

Glory: Why?

Mantis: Morrowseer is most likely coming back soon to collect me so i can become a breeding tool for living weapons for the nightwings.

She looks at me and uncurls her self putting her head next to mine and tries not to laugh.

Glory: So i die in my sleep and you die by dehydration?

Mantis: I hate you only you would find that funny.

Glory: Well lets stop sulking and go talk to the others.

Both of us began to walk back to where Tsunami was chained just in time to see Clay coming out of the river. He was panicking and was babbling incoherently.

Clay: They're going to kill her. We need to stop it be fore they do. It will happen tonight. We have to leave.

We all knew what he meant as soon as he said it. I turn to Glory who is perched on top of a stalagmite.

Tsunami: Clay you need to go through the other hole in the cave river and open up the door from the other side.

Clay: I wont make it i can barley hold my breath for an hour.

Mantis: You have to Glory can hide herself but only for so long. And i can only protect her for so long once they do find her. I can kill Kestrel without guilt but not Dune or Webs.