Chapter 3: The Taste of The Kill

I had taken Dune's body over to where they was a lot of over hanging stalactites and began knocking them down. Once his body was completely covered I spewed acid over it in a fine mist so it only meted the rocks with the flames that came after encasing his body in a shell of obsidian (Yes I know that's not how it works obsidian is volcanic glass made by fast cooling lava which prevents large crystals from forming giving it a glassy look). Now to find the bitch that killed him and took my pack. I exit the cave and look around and low and behold I see the figures of dragons flying off into the distance. Launching my self into the air (after many failed attempts) I climb high and higher into the sky until I was above them and began riding the updrafts and air currents. I see that I'm above a soldier that lagged behind from the rest of the formation. Probably a rear guard I'm going to have to kill him quickly and silently as possible. I glide so I'm ahead of him slightly and I turn my body untttiiiiillllll I start diving silently no need for a roar. When I get about 40 feet above him I extend my pincers and prepare to take him down. Maybe 7 seconds till impact.

6

5

4

3

2

1

The guard final notices me but by then it's too late I have my pincers around his neck and I tear them across the soldiers throat so hard I cut into bone at the same time my tail jabs itself into his spine causing him to just go limp. I stab him once more to confirm the kill. The weird thing is wasn't that it was so easy it was that. It was that it seem so natural to be that easy and I couldn't care less about what I just did. I drop the body and let it fall. I crept up onto the main group and decide to take out my main target: Scarlet. She is in the middle of her troops mocking Kestrel from what I can hear and see. I prepare the same way I did before and I drop once again the wind whistling past my face. I extend the blades once again and I tense my muscles for impact.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlet pov:

Today could not get any better. I found the so-called dragonets of destiny in my mountain captured them naturally. And looks who decided to show up the flaming bitch Kestrel. All of this right before my hatching day oh my luck.

Scarlet: So the cripple mentioned a Mantis before I slipped who is this Mantis?

Kestrel: Mmmpppphhhhhmmm!!!!

Ah right forgot she got a chain around the snout for her language.

Scarlet: Remove the chain. Kestrel be warned one wrong move and the five are dead and I start with the sandwing. Now who is this Mantis.

Kestrel: Now why would I tell you shit?!?

Scarlet: What's that sandwing's name by the way?

Kestrel looks to be deciding what to say next. It quite fun watching her squirm. She then looks up for a bit her eyes widen slightly and she gains a large smile.

Kestrel: He's a dragon built to kill other dragons.

And that's when I hit me literally some oaf dared to land on top of me. I turn my head around and see a dragon type I've never seen before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mantis pov:

I slammed in to Scarlet's back but i couldn't find purchase on that damned golden chest plate she wore. My pincers keep sliding around as we fought. I tried clubbing her with my tail but she was smarter that that rear guard. She kept her head just out of its reach. I tried to bite her but before i could i felt three other weights slam into my back forcing me to let go of the bitch as we tumbled into the ground below. I grab one of the bodies on me and force him under me to take the impact of hitting the ground. As we fell closer and closer i began using my blades to rip the armor off the back and chest of the guard i was holding as the other guards were trying to hold my head, my wings and my tail all at once. With a thud and a crack we hit the ground all of us separated from each other well except for the guard i was holding he was dead and i was still holding him. Looking at the other two i see that one is a male with a missing eye and the other is a female that was smaller than i was.