Chapter 5: Killer to Therapist

Mantis pov:

I was being walked back to my cell after the slaughter in the arena. Two guards flanking me on my left and right.

Guard 1: That was more of an execution than an actual fight.

Guard 2: Of course it was that is exactly why the queen choose him instead of any other prisoner to fight Granite.

As we walked down the halls i made sure to destroy a couple of the golden claw prints when i walked on top of them just to get back at Scarlet a little. After walking for a little bit more we arrived at the door to the room with my cage. Inside both me and the guards are surprised to see Peril waiting for us.

Guard 1: Umm can we help you?

Peril: The queen wants me to stay here with the deathwing.

Guard 2: Not that we dont believe you its just well that acid could even hurt you... possibly... maybe... totally... without a doubt.

Peril: Listen he follows the queen as long as she has the dragonets in her possession.

Guard 2: If you say so do you want him chained to the floor?

Peril: Not needed.

The two guards look at each other shrug their wings and leave.

Peril: So...

Mantis: Im not doing it now go away.

Peril: No we have to its the only thing i can do to get back on her good side after the match i had today.

Mantis: You killed your opponent if i guessing how powerful you are what else is there?

Peril: My job isn't just to kill my opponents its to kill them in an entertaining way for the queen.

Wow thats messed up not only is she forced to kill people she had to make it entertaining?!?! How sadistic can one queen get? I walk around her to get into my "cage" and lay down.

Mantis: And now she wants us to bare an egg for her to play with.

Peril: So you'll do it?

Mantis: Ha, not on your life. I just need to stall until Burn gets here. One of the things that she hates most and is most known is the mixing of tribes. Scarlet is smart enough to not make us do this when she is staying in this room

Peril: But if we dont she may hurt Clay!

... Shoot forgot about that. Wait how does she know Clay?

Mantis: How do you know Clay?

Peril: I talked to him a couple of times before my match and hes not that bad hell hes one of the first people to not act afraid of me. Even the queen who was the only mother ive ever known is afraid of me.

Mantis: Sounds like him trying to befriend everybody and everything. He along with every one else would be in trouble. Damnit all. Well first things first I'm not doing anything until I know you better.

Peril: Fair. What do you want to know.

Mantis: Why do you kill?

Peril: Because that's what I was made to do isn't the same for you?

Mantis: Ehh yes and no I kill because it's the only way to protect my pack right now. There's a difference you do it because you think you have no choice while I do it because I have too. But enough about this now. What do you think of Clay?

Peril: He's like a big child if we had met differently I would have taken him as a foster brother no doubt.

Mantis: He has that effect on people. To this day he is the only one beside you to make me talk this much.

Peril: Why is that?

Mantis: Mostly because I still find it hard to speak. When I was young I didn't speak for the first 4 years of my life. Back then I also didn't look like this it was only after I had molted did I get this appearance. Ok, now why are you willing to do this. To participe in one of the oldest taboos.

Peril: To gain my queens approval. I'm her monster at least I can be a useful monster.

She enters the cage and lays down on the opposite side of me. I get up and walk over to her and drop my wing over her wincing as it heats up quickly. (A/N: So let me explain as you most likely figured out this shouldn't be happening his wings a are fire resistant not fireproof. Well how it works is that it is fireproof it just feels like it is burning when it really isn't. So layman's terms feels pain when nothing is really happening). She flinched at the touch forgetting that I'm pretty much fireproof.

Mantis: A monster is made by actions not by face or abilities. You kill yes but do you kill just to kill or do you kill for a purpose.

Peril: I kill so the queen can be proud of me.

Mantis: Not what exactly why I would have chooses but it's a start as long as you have a purpose to kill that is not just to kill then your not a monster.

At that final response I could feel her relax and begin to lean into me her tail beginning to twist around mine. Her head lays on the top of my head. I wait a free moments.

Mantis: You can come out hiding in the dark is kind of my thing... Burn. I take it you came forward from your army at the news of a new dragon? Curiosity will always be your down fall.

Slinking put from the shadows by the sleeping bed/mat a pale gold and yellow adult sand wing stalked out. She easily out sized Dune. Scars traced her body but all were superficial showing that she either she fough well enough to never take any serious injuries or she was a coward. I put my money on the former.

Burn: So you could tell I was here I'm almost impressed but you fight did impress me.

Mantis: Flattered well looks like I'm not gonna have to do anything to keep my pack safe now that your here.

Burn: Don't be so sure Scarlet promised me you if you sired a child. But no need for you to worry about it have your fun because before long you will be trained and groomed into the perfect assassin for my army.

With that she turned around and left. Not before muttering.

Burn: Should have prolonged that conversation now I have to deal with Scarlets hatching day planning.

When the door closed I finally began to sleep trying to figure out how I'm going to get every one out with out dying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New chapter out yay I'm still alive and no longer suicidal now that's schools out and I'm working at a job with people that are hilarious to be around.

Sorry if it's a little bland it's a filler chapter before the good stuff starts up again.