6. | The World Is Unfair To Those Who Don't Deserve It

"Jesus, I hate Mondays," I mumbled as I walked with Stiles and Scott into the school, barely picking up my feet as I walked

"So you killed her?" Stiles said, ignoring me and continuing his conversation with Scott.

"I don't know. I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before." Scott explained, gripping onto the straps of his book bag.
I was a little confused because I got to the conversation late but I picked up that Scott had a nightmare about killing Allison on one of the school buses. Apparently it felt pretty real.

"Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently." I announced with a smirk, linking my arm with Stiles as we both let out a chuckle.

" 'A' I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real. And 'B' never give me that much detail about you in bed again."

"Noted," I said with a nod.

"Let me take a guess here though." Stiles said, talking with his hands like usual.

"No, I know. You think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow. Like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out." Scott interrupted.

"No, of course not... Yeah, totally that's it." Stiles mumbled with a dry laugh, rubbing his shaved head like there was hair there. He did that a lot.

"Hey, come on. It's gonna be fine, alright? I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. It's not like there is a lycanthropy for beginners class you can take." I said with a shrug, trying my best to be encouraging.

"Maybe not a class, but maybe a teacher..." Scott trailed off, Stiles and I both knowing he wasn't talking about me.

"Who, Derek?" Stiles shouted right before he smacked the back of his best friend's head like it was an attempt to knock some sense into him. "You forgetting the part where we got him tossed into jail?"

"Yeah, I know! But chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real." Scott said sadly, obviously still uncomfortable about his dream.

I smiled sadly and linked my arm with his as a silent form of comfort, continuing to walk by his side as we strolled towards the second set of doors.

"How real?" Stiles uttered.

"Like it actually happened," Scott muttered back, ending the conversation.

I sighed as we walked out the double doors, still keeping my arm linked with my werewolf friend and human buddy.We all stopped at the same time, mouths all gaping at the scene playing out in front of us. "Holy shit," I said softly, eyes glued on the bloody and beat up bus in front of us, along with the cops and forensic team all around it.