Shattering Glass

“Sungmin, wake up. It’s time for school.” I heard in my sleep. I felt someone’s hand shaking me back and forth. I slow open my eyes to see Rachel peering over me.

        “Good morning, Sunshine.” Rachel smiled real wide. I look to her and turn back over with the blanket over my head.

        “Give me five more minutes.” I groaned. Rachel let out a breath and replied, “I promised Namjoon we will meet up with him at his house in thirty minutes to walk to school.” I was wake by that point. I pushed the covers off and went to my bag to grab my school uniform.

        “I’ll be back.” I said. I walked to the bathroom passing Rachel’s parents. They smiled and said good morning and I did the same. I came into the bathroom, changing into my school uniform, brushed my teeth and hair also washing my face. The bruises seemed to fade a bit now and the cuts are already almost completely healed. After I’m done I walk back to Rachel’s room where she was applying makeup. She turns to me and laughs.

        “A little of foundation will smooth out some of these bruises.” She came over and rubbed the foundation till it was evenly distributed on my face. She finished up with eyeliner on my eyes and some powder to finish the look off. This was all new to me, considering I never could afford makeup and didn’t wear it. Rachel took a step back to admire her work.

        “Pretty.” she said. After that we grabbed our stuff and headed out the door.

        “Hey girls.” Namjoon’s face lit up as Rachel and I approached him outside of his house. Rachel ran up and gave him a hug. I followed by with an awkward side hug, if you could call it that.

        “You look pretty.” Namjoon said to me which caught me off guard. Before I could respond, Rachel blurted out, “I did her makeup this morning.” Namjoon grinned.

        “You should wear makeup more often.” Namjoon winked at me. I bit my lips as my face turned red. Rachel hit Namjoon in the arm.

        “Come on, you're embarrassing her. Let’s just go to school before we're late.” Rachel grabbed Namjoon’s arm and pulled him to walk.

        I walked in silence as Namjoon and Rachel cut up together. Rachel in the middle and me on her left side, while Namjoon on her right. Sometimes I do feel they ignore me, like they have this inside joke that I will never get. It frustrates me really. I let out a breath to relieve my stress.

        “Why so quiet over there, Sungmin.” I smirk. Oh now he notices me. I keep quiet and bite my tongue to stop from saying anything rude. I do have a tendency to speak my mind when I really shouldn’t. So I simply shrug my shoulders. Namjoon and Rachel just laugh carrying on their conversation.

        “Sungmin left her photo at your house. Mind bringing it with you when you come over this afternoon?” Rachel said. Since when was Namjoon coming overa plan? I guess now I have reached the phase of when no one will tell me anything now.

        “Oh yeah! I most definitely will.” Namjoon adds, “Hey, Sungmin.” Namjoon trades places with Rachel to walk beside me.

        “Cheer up.” Namjoon reaches over and tries to make me smile. I swat away his hand and walk faster.

        We reached the school and once I went into the door, I took off away from Namjoon and Rachel. I needed some time away from being ignored. I go to my locker and get the books I need for my first class. I shut my locker to see Namjoon leaning against the locker next to mine.

        “You ran off.” Namjoon said in a deep cutting voice. I roll my eyes and turn around to walk off. Namjoon caught my arm and pulled me back around. I look up to see how close I came to him. I blinked a couple times and felt my pulse going up. I took a step back to distance myself from him.