Long Summers and New Jobs

The school year ended to a coming of a hot and miserable summer. Nothing, but staying inside in my air conditioned house, eating as many popsicles as I can.

        This summer I’m alone. My plans of fun exciting summer died a long time ago when Jin and I broke up and Namjoon broke the news to me that him and Rachel were going on a cruise together with his family.

        It sucked to be honest, and even my mom left me because she found a well paying job with time consuming hours, so it’s just me and me alone. Until the air conditioner broke and I had to call up someone to come over and take a look at it.

         “It will take some time to fix, but I will be able to.” I sigh and told the man, which was a close friend of my mom, if you know what I mean, to fix it as soon as possible. The man agreed and began to work on it right away.

        I was in my room blasting music to try to cover up the loud construction noises that were going on. I was even dying of the heat. I laid on my floor which seemed to be the coldest spot and sprawled out, bored to death.

        Then I got a thought to go out of my hot deadly house and maybe go out and see people. I got up and threw on some shorts and a tank top and ran down stairs, grabbing my backpack with me.

        I told the man who was working on the heating and cooling system, that I was going out for awhile and headed out the door.

        I took a bus that lead me downtown and let me off at the park. I didn’t even bother going to the park because that just meant, for me, remembering bad memories. I walk passed and see a little new ice cream shop/cafe just around the corner.

        When I walk in I order chocolate chip ice cream in a waffle cone and make my way to a seat near a window.

        When I finished my ice cream I dug through my backpack and pulled out my laptop, notebook, and a pen. I opened my laptop up and began to search for colleges.

        Yes, I know. I'm a little too young to be looking at colleges, but to me thats the only thing that I always wished for, was going to my dream college. Also it’s never too earlier to start looking. So I began my search and wrote down many colleges and information that interested me. For hours I stayed at my spot, researching, looking for study abroads, and enjoying the nice coldness feel in the ice cream shop.

        The door opened with a ding and customers walked in to order. On one particular ding, I looked up at the wrong time to see Jin and Jessica walk in together. This wasn’t the first time ever that I have ran into them, but still even if I did get over him, everytime I see him, my heart shots a pain down my chest, painfully throbbing.

        I look immediately back down at my laptop and sunk in the chair that I was sitting in, only looking up to them ever so often as the ordered.

        Once they ordered and got their ice cream, they found a table, rather close to where I was siting. I kept on looking at colleges and such, until later when they finished up and Jessica got a phone call.

        She answered and got up in a panic, only mouthing something to Jin and leaving right after that. Jin sighed and got up to throw away some trash. On his way back from throwing away his trash, I didn’t notice I was staring at him the whole time. He made a glance at me and grinned. I look back down to my notebook, acting as if I was writing something, till he left or so I thought he did.

        I jumped at the sound of someone’s hand coming down on the table  and taking a seat in front of me. I look up slowly to see Jin sitting of the edge of his seat staring at me.