Running Away

I woke up earlier than Rachel did so I didn’t have to face her. I have to say, I never have gotten ready so fast till today. Fifteen minutes, max. When I hear Rachel coming out of her room, I grab my stuff and quickly head out.

        The sun was out this morning and it was going to be beautiful day, but trust me someone will ruin it for me. I walk past Namjoon’s house, only taking a quick glance and began my way. I looked at the time on my phone and I have at least and hour to waste and I don’t want to be at school more than I already have too, so I decided to go to my house that has been empty for days to grab some money out of our emergency jar.

        I reach my house and use my key to get in. I walk in and head to the fridge, grabbing a chair so I can get the money down. Once I get the money down I take all that would last me for months. I lock up the house and decide to treat myself to a cup of hot chocolate at the cafe near the school.

        I could already see students coming to get their coffee at the cafe when I reach the building. I search around with my eyes and scan people to see if I’m in the clear. I don’t see Namjoon or Rachel anywhere. I smile and walk in.

        “What would you like?” The person behind the counter said.

        “Large hot chocolate, dark chocolate just like my heart.” I wink, anyways I feel a long day coming on so I deserve a large. The person laughs at my joke and places my order. Once I get my drink, I find a table close to the door just in case I see them and I can make an easy escape without being caught.

        I sit there for while and drink my hot chocolate, admiring life. Then I noticed that they just walked in, hand in hand. My eyes get wide and my heart stings with pain. I began to freak out and turn myself around having an oh crap moment. I bit my lip and wait till they reach the counter to order.

        Now is my chance to get away. I get up and slowly tiptoe away, being careful that I won’t get caught. When I reached the door I heard my name being called out. My pulse picks up and I slowly turn around to see Namjoon and Rachel walking towards me. Maybe if I slowly back up I can get out of here.

        “Sungmin! Wait!.” Namjoon sees my plan and runs to grab my arm.

        “Hey baby, ready to go?” Jin walks through the door and throws his arm around me. I know what he is doing. He’s saving my butt, so I went along with his plan.

        “Yeah! Ready when you are.” We both giggled and I reached up and fake kissed him on the cheek, ignoring Namjoon and Rachel that were still standing in front of us. Jin and I turn around and walk out.

        “Thanks for saving me.” I said to Jin once we go outside.

        “No problem. I was on my way to school and I saw you through the window. I just couldn’t leave you in a pit of piranhas to eat you alive. ” Jin took his arm off of me as we approached school. He opened up the door for me and followed behind.

        “See you at lunch?” Jin said. I smile and nod, heading to my locker. I open my locker and threw in my book bag and took out some books. I look over to see Namjoon heading my way. I panic and walk away, weaving in and out of students. I take a breath when I reach the classroom, but only realizing Namjoon has this class too. I find a desk and drop my stuff on it in frustration.

        “Sungmin, stop running away from me.” I look to see Namjoon peering over me. I let out a long breath and my sass has began.

        “Why do you care, don’t you have a girlfriend to attend to?” I roll my eyes and fix my books on the desk to avoid eye contact with him and waste time.
“Stop it, Sungmin.” Namjoon growled.