•{1}•

A journey

To go far

To fight

Find the stars

So we push forward

Only to stop

Yet still we ask

Why do we all drop?

Because we believe

Believe that we can't

But whether or not we do

We still grow like a plant

So don't believe you can't

Walk together with certainty

If we push forward

That will be our triumph over adversity.

Polus

Day 72

1200 hours

Oxygen Room

I screamed as the icy water sloshed down my arm, trying to shake it off, but failing. I absolutely hate the boiler room. "Here," Niki says, handing me a towel. I smile appreciatively, taking it and wiping my arm.

"Can you spin that wheel? I'll get this one," I say, starting to spin the creaky wooden water wheel to the left, while Niki works the right one.  Once mine is finished I fill up a water jug to take to the office while Niki and I chat. 

"Only three more weeks left!" She said cheerily, referencing the time left before we attempted to fly back to earth and land at Mira HQ. It's sad for me, we've only been living at the Polus base for  two months, and I've grown accustomed to the purple earth, light snow, and bubbly pockets of lava. Even the strange weather patterns don't affect me anymore.

"Are Hafu and Toast on track to have the ship ready for us to leave?" I know they were running a little behind, but that was almost a week ago. 

"They found a problem with the navigation system, but it should be ready just a few days late." She responds, and I follow her outside where Tubbo is connecting electric currents on a weather node. The nodes are used to track weather patterns, and are key in detecting incoming storms. A light dusting of blue snow sprinkles from the dark noon sky, our boots padding across the foreign plum-colored soil. "Hi Tubbo," Niki says, passing by and heading up into communications. I wave her past, deciding to stay and chat with Tubbo. I see the red light blinking, to indicate someone is watching the cameras in security, most likely Scott or 5up. I smile and wave to the camera, hoping that whoever's watching is flipping through. 

Tubbo finishes connecting the node and we head up to communications. "Hey guys," Niki starts. "Let me just finish rebooting the wifi, sorry," Her german accent shines through. The exploration of Polus was supposed to be diverse, but unfortunately, most of us are British or English, with the exception of a few, like Niki. The machine makes a satisfactory beep and Niki turns around happily. 

"Do you guys want to go up to lab with me? I want to switch the weather node for IRO," Tubbo offers and Niki agrees. 

"Can we stop at the office first, I want to open the water wheel and fill up the jug in the meeting room," I say, and we head off to office. Niki cranks the water wheel outside with Tubbo's help (it got stuck), and I filled up the water jug. Polus is a very dry planet, so I need to open the water tunnels every day and fill the jug so everyone has sufficient water. Suddenly, the wind picks up, slamming against the large window. I jump, scared, and run to get Tubbo and Niki. Fortunately, they finished open the tunnels and pushed the button to close the door behind them.