Part 6

~The Next Morning~

Betty woke up and was excited to get out of the house so as soon as she got dressed she tried to escape to see her best friend.

But Alice Smith stopped her before she could leave.

Alice- Where are you going?

Betty- I'm going to see Toni.

Alice- Really? Are you sure you're not going to see that boyfriend of yours?

Betty- W-What are you talking about?

Alice- Don't play all innocent with me! I know you were talking to that serpent yesterday about this boy!

Betty- H-How...

Alice- I was listening to you! Now you're grounded, I don't need you sneaking off to go be a slut with this guy.

Betty- But I'm not-

Alice- I don't want to hear it! I don't need you turning into a pregnant whore like your sisters! Go to your room!

Betty began to cry as she ran up to her room. Her sister wasn't a whore, she did get pregnant at a young age but she was also killed in a car accident weeks later.

Anytime Alice would talk about Polly, Betty would begin to cry. She always spoke terrible things about her, when none of it was true.

As Betty got to her room she locked the door and hid under her covers, letting herself cry until she had no tears left.

She grabbed her phone and saw a bunch of texts from Toni, as she was about to answer she heard a quiet knock on the window.

She looked up and saw Toni making her chuckle slightly before she opened the window to let her in.

Toni- Hey, what happened? I thought we were meeting at pops?

Betty- We were but my mom heard us talking about Mr. Jones last night so now I'm grounded. (sniffles)

Toni- Why are you crying?

Betty- She said she doesn't want me turning into a pregnant whore like Polly.

Toni- What is wrong with that woman?!

Betty- A lot of things.

Toni- Well that's true, now let's go.

Betty- What? Girl. I can't.

Toni- So, let's do it anyway.

Betty giggled and nodded and they climbed down the ladder from her bedroom window.

Then they ran to Pops together.

They went all around town for hours just hanging out, but then they saw Alice Smith.

And she did not look happy.

Alice- Elizabeth, come with me! Now!

Betty- No mom, I'm hanging out with Toni.

Alice- No you most certainly are not!

Alice grabbed her daughters wrist tightly and began to drag her away but Toni tried to stop her.

Toni- Let go of her!

Alice- She's my daughter, you can't tell me what to do with her!

Betty- Please stop! This hurts! (cries)

Toni- She said stop!

Alice- I don't care!

Then suddenly a tall man pulled the young girls away from the crazy mother...but when Betty saw who it was she couldn't help but smile.

Alice- Who the hell are you?

MrJones- I'm Jughead, I work at Riverdale High. Now why are you hurting this girl?

Alice- I'm trying to get her home but she's resisting. So come on Elizabeth, we're leaving.

Betty- No! I don't want to go with you.

Alice- Excuse me?

Betty- I'm staying with Toni!

Alice- That is unacceptable!

Jughead- Let her do what she wants instead of hurting her to do what you want.

Alice- I'm no-

Jughead- Ma'am I'm going to give you 30 seconds to leave before I call child services on you.

Alice- No you won't.

Jughead- Wanna try me?

Then she walked away.

Betty and Toni both turned to Jughead and Betty hugged him tightly.

Jughead- Are you okay?

Betty- Yeah, thank you. (sniffles)

Jughead- No problem. Do you two want to come by my apartment so you can just relax?

Betty- B-But isn't that-

Toni- We'd love to!

Betty- Toni... (whispers)

Toni- This is your chance babe! (whispers)

They both giggled while Jughead smirked at them.

Then they went to his huge one bedroom apartment.