Part 9

~Two Weeks Later~

As time went by Betty and Jughead continued to spend their afternoons together secretly in his office. But today when Betty got home an hour late, at 7:15, her mom was pissed.

Alice- Elizabeth, why are you so late today?

Betty- I was at school doing work.

Alice- That's your excuse every fucking day! Now where were you! (yells)

Betty- I was at school!

Alice- With who?

Betty- N-No one. I was in the blue and gold by myself.

Alice- Then who gave you this?! (yells)

The angry mother said as she pointed to her daughter's neck.

Betty- Gave me what?

Betty walked into the bathroom and instantly saw the huge purple hickey on her neck.

Betty- U-Um...

Alice- Get out of my house! (yells)

Betty- W-What? (quietly)

Alice- If you are gonna whore around with some guy be my guest but it definitely won't be under my roof. Now leave! (yells)

Betty- C-Can I grab a few things first? (tears)

Alice- You have ten minutes.

Betty ran upstairs and cried as she packed a few things in her small duffel bag. Some clothing, cosmetics, and a picture of her and her sister.

Then she ran out, making sure she didn't see her mother.

She thought of where she could go: her cousin's, but they were having some issues, Toni's, she lives in a small trailer with her uncle...and finally Jughead. She had nowhere else to go so he was the final option.

She made her way to his apartment but on the way it suddenly began to pour; of course.

The rest of the way she ran but as soon as she got there he was shocked to see her soaking wet and crying.

Jughead- Betts...

Betty- S-She kicked me out. I'm s-sorry but this is the only place I c-could come. (cries)

Jughead- Hey, it's okay, come in. Let's get you warmed up, you're probably freezing.

He let the young girl take a hot shower so she could warm up and then they were laying in his bed together; his arms wrapped around her tight.

Jughead- What happened? Why did she kick you out?

Betty- First she was mad that I came home late. And then she saw the hickey on my neck.

Jughead- Oh...

Betty- It's not your fault. She's crazy, she doesn't let me do anything. She says I'm just like Polly. (quietly)

Jughead- Polly? Who's Polly?

Betty got really quiet which concerned Jughead. But then she spoke.

Betty- My sister. She passed away about a year ago.

Jughead- Oh my god, Betts, I'm so sorry.

Betty- It's fine.

Jughead- What happened, if you don't mind me asking?

Betty- She was in a car accident and she was pregnant. My mom says she's a whore because she got pregnant so young. And now she always tells me that I'm turning into her because I'm whoring around with guys...when I'm not. I just... (sighs)

Jughead- Hey, you're not a whore, and your sister wasn't either. I'm sorry about what happened to her, I really am. But your mother is awful.

Betty- Tell me about it.

He brought his girlfriend into his arms and kissed her face a few times before he pulled away and looked down at her.

Jughead- Do you want to get some rest sweetheart? It's been a long day.

She nodded and laid down next to her boyfriend...but then she began to move closer to him.

Betty- C-Can I..?

She said as she reached her arms out to him.

Jughead- Of course baby girl, you're staying with me now, you can alway lay on me.

She giggled and wrapped her arms around his torso while she let her head fall to his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

Then she yawned.

Jughead- Get some sleep babe, we still have to wake up for school in the morning.

Betty- Mhm...goodnight. (sleepily)

Jughead- I love you. (quietly)

Betty- I love you too.

They both smiled before they fell asleep holding each other close.