Church

Okay so earlier I was at church and our subject for the month was about song lyrics and how were feeding ourselves with bad messages without even realizing it. Today, we talked about Take Me to Church by Hozier. I felt rather uncomfortable, seeing the video before they had talked about it at church. The video is basically two homosexual men who had affairs and were in love, correct? Then the church had found out about these two men and beat one of them nearly to death. My pastor had played the last thirty seconds or so of the music video for us to see. Then, the only reason I am speaking of this is because what he said next. This really spoke to me and I feet like I was accepted everywhere after this service. My pastor said, "This video is wrong. Not because of the gays, but because of his opinion on church. Hozier believes that the church is not accepting to transgender and gays, that they only believe those people should be punished for eternity. But, that's not true. If any of you guys in here feel as if you are gay or transgender, were here to accept you. The church is some place that everybody should be accepted for who they are. I don't think that just because of your sexual orientation, you should burn in hell. It's your own private life and that doesn't bother anybody. Would God create someone gay on purpose just so thy could burn in hell? No. God loves everybody and that's all that matters"

He then ranted about the Westboro Baptist church an how they're very wrong and that it annoys him that followers of Christ could do such a thing.

Honestly, if you don't feel accepted at your church, go to a casual dress, calm and collected church instead of a formal attired one. The pastors and audience are far more accepting that anything I've ever seen before.