💲Clarissa Clump: Gold-Digger💲

Willy and Charlie waited patiently through every commercial. As soon as the news came back on, the news anchor went straight to the story on the first Silver Ticket Winner.

"We now go live to Todd Burns on the first Silver Ticket Winner" the anchorwoman said "Todd?"

The screen turned to an anchorman in a navy blue suit, standing outside a lavish house in a suburban area.

"Rachel, I'm standing outside the New Jersey home of Clarissa Clump, the first finder of one of Wonka's Silver Ticket" he said "Earlier on, I was able to get a short interview with Miss Clump."

The screen showed slightly tanned, brunette woman with dark brown eyes, she wore a black dress, the type women would wear to a funeral. Along with a black veil that hid the top half of her face.

"Do you like my Dress?" Clarissa asked him "I'm going to a wake for my third late husband later this afternoon."

"Did she just say her third late husband?" Mr. Wonka asked Charlie, slightly panicked.

"Oh... my condolences" the anchorman said, sympathetically "we could come back another time, if you wish."

"Oh no, by all means! Please stay!" Clarissa said, with a wave of her hand. "My dear third husband is in a better place now. But I always told Derek if he was going to change the oil in the car, let me know so I don't drive away with you under it!"

Willy's eyes widened in fear when he heard that.

"But it was nice to have won this Silver Ticket during such a tragic time. It's clearly fate telling me to move on!" Clarissa told the anchorman.

"Her third husband isn't even buried yet!" Willy cried, unable to believe what he was hearing.

"And my Derek left me tons of income to make sure I'm happily taken care of!" She said, grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

"Is there anything you'd like to say to the public and Mr. Willy Wonka?" Asked the anchorman.

"Of course" Clarissa said "To my adoring public, I would like to thank all the women who had to lose before I got here. And to Mr. Wonka, I'll just say 'See you soon, Money... I-I mean Honey!'" She turned to the anchorman and said "You can edit that out, right?"

They went back to the weather report after that. Mr. Wonka looked horrified, but soon shook it off.

"Well... I suppose it takes all kinds of people to make a world, huh?" He said to Charlie.

Charlie offered a little half-smile. But inside the Chocolatier-in-training couldn't help but think Poor Mr. Wonka! Having to deal with that nutcase of a woman!

🍫🍭🍫

As Willy Wonka and Charlie Bucket were getting the news about the first Silver Ticket Winner, there was a young woman hundreds of miles away in a small town near Missouri, who was facing a problem of her own.

"What do you mean my tuition fees haven't been paid?" Matilda Hartman asked the dean of her college.

"Miss Hartman" Dean Martinson told her "We have checked time and time again, but I'm afraid you cannot keep attending school here if you do not pay for your tuition or books..."

"Just give me a week" Matilda tried to make her voice sound calm. "I'm sure I have enough in my savings for my tuition."

"Very well, you have a week starting today..." The Dean told her.