Chapter Two (con.)

(Chandler's POV)
I've been trying to get ahold of Harley for days now. She's ignoring my phone calls, text messages, and emails. She told me at the party that she lived near the mall. In a two story house that had tan siding on the outside.
I hoped in my car and drop past the mall and started to turn down the first street. No tan siding house. I turned again. No house. I turned down the third. I saw three houses with siding. I parked my car at the nearest parking space and started walking toward one of the houses.
A man answered. "Can I help you?" I looked at him. "Uh,yes. Is this Harley Smith's house?" I looked up at him. "Who are you, first?" Must be. "Chandler Riggs. I met Harley at a p-" Harley was behind him, signaling me to stop talking. "At the park. I met her at the park, with her friends." I smiled. Harley walked up to the door. "Hey, Chandler! I thought we weren't hanging out until Friday?" The guy behind us, looked at Harley with eyes like a demon. "Harley? I need to speak with you. Now!" He raised his voice as he talked to her with the door closed, so I couldn't see what was going on.

(Harley's POV)
"John! I don't really give a fuck if he's dangerous or clingy. I like him, and he's nice to me. Unlike you." I stomped out the door slamming it. "We need to go. Now." I grabbed Chandler's wrist, making sure it wasn't the I had been cutting. "What is happening, Harley?" I didn't reply. We continued to run, and stopped at the nearest park. "Okay. My dad said things. Threats." I looked Chandler in the eyes. "Harley. You, you need to get away from him." People started to look at us. "I can't Chandler. Not unless you want me to go back to Virginia." He places his hands on my cheek, and kissed me. I pull back. "Chandler, look, I have to go back after summer for school. How am I going to tell my mom that I want to stay here." I paused. "She'll be devastated." I locked my hands inside Chandler's.

As we were walking back to the house, I told him I wanted him to stay for a while. We walked in the house. Dad lost it with him.

(Chandler's POV)
"Sir, I'd like to talk to you. Please?" I hold onto Harley, as he gets up off the couch. "I don't know, what you want. Other, than my daughter, but your not getting her. She's certainly not getting you, either." He crossed his arms. "Mr- sorry I don't know your name. But I would do anything for Harley. I would keep her safe." I looked up. "Liar." He whispered. "Get the hell out of here, and never come back. Or I'll hurt you." He started moving toward me. I was then shoved out the door. Once the door was shut, I screamed "what? Like you hurt your own fucking daughter? Nice going, you bitch."

(Harley's POV)
I ran up to my room, and locked the door. I called Chandler. Straight to voicemail. "Thanks, John!" I scream. I looked out my window. There was a balcony beside my room. I grabbed a bag, threw some clothes in it, my hairbrush, toothbrush, and my charger. I also grabbed a blanket and a pillow, just in case. I walked into the spare room, opened the sliding door, and started climbing down all the pipes. I about lost my grip a couple of times, but eventually made it down, safely. I didn't know where to go. Amy's? No. Her parents don't like me. Chandler's? I don't know where he lives. I started walking along the highway. My phone went off. Chandler. "Oh my god, Chandler. Where did you live? Are you home?" I said it so fast. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What?" He paused. "I'm at Cathy's Café. 106 East of your house." Good I was going the right. "Okay, I'm on my way. Don't leave." I hung up and started to walk at a faster pace. Then a police officer pulled up behind me on the side of the road. Great. "Excuse me, miss. May I ask where you're headed?" I didn't reply. "Miss? Answer my question." I swallowed. "Oh, sorry. I'm going to Cathy's Café. To um, meet my friend there." He looked over at my stuff. "Why do you have a blanket and pillow?" My face became red. "Im spending the night with my friend, and I have my things with me." I blinked fast. "Well, how come you don't have a ride?" He started to get frustrated. "I couldn't find one." I said trying not to get cocky. "Hop, in." My heart started racing. "I'll take you to Cathy's Café."