Chapter Three (con.)

(Chandler's POV)

We were jamming out to the radio, having a good time. I pulled up to Cathy's Cafe. I expected to see her face light up, becuase the night she came home with me, we ate there. "Here." I said exhaling. Her head was down to her phone screen. "Harley-y-y-y." I held out her name. "Hmmm?" She was texting someone. "Who ya texting?" I asked peaking over to the screen. She moved closer to the window. Her hair was in front of her face. I couldn't tell what was going on. Suddenly, her hair flips up, she gets out of the truck, and storms inside the cafe. "Harley, wait up! What's wrong?" I followed her into the girls bathroom. She turned around. Took her hands threw her hair, and I noticed she'd been crying. "Oh my god. What's wrong, Harley? If I did anything, I'm so sorry. I just want you to be safe." I called out, trying to comfort her. I came closer, to out my hand on her shoulder. "Don't touch me." Harley snapped at me. I backed away, asked why. "I don't want you to get too close to me. My m-moms c-coming to p-pick me up t-tomorrow." She started to cry out more, coming in for a hug. "Look, let me meet your mom. Tell her what's been going on. Where you've been staying. Maybe she'll let you stay and even enroll at Westwood." She had gotten a hold of her self by this time. "Yeah, okay. We can try." She looked tired, and stressed out. I couldn't blame her. After all the shit she's had to go through.

We were at the booth, waiting on our food, when Harley looked up at me. "I wasn't crying b-beacuase of my m-mom p-picking me up. I was crying because m- my e-ex boyfriend, Alex got my n-number somehow, and said t-that w-when I get back to V-Virgina, that he's gonna-" She pauses. "Do what?" I start to think what he is going to do. Start rumors? Start other shit? She swallows, and looks to make sure no one is looking at us. "He s-said he's going t-to r-" Our food comes out. Can she just not tell me? It seems like she can't get it out, so I just leave it like that.

(Harley's POV)

I was about to tell Chandler about Alex, when out came our food. Afterward, I didn't sayanything. We sat and ate in comfortable silence. When we got back out to the car, Chandler told me we were going to SIx Flags, waterpark. I was all excited, until I rememebered the cuts on my wrists. Chandler didn't know about them.

Time he learned about Alex, and my cutting deal.

"Okay, so I'm supper excited about the waterpark, but there is two things that I have to tell you, so you might feel a bit akward, but this is me. When I was little I was a happy, go, lucky girl. Until my mom and dad decided to split up. It all went downhill from there. I went to school, felt like everyone was picture perfect, and I was the one who stood out like a sore thumb. Although, I didn't. I was a chubby little kid to, so in sixth grade, I noticed the girls were thin, and pretty. I wanted to be them. I became so obessed with eating and puking, up everything, that I became anorexia. I overcame that in eighth grade. Two years ago. Then, Alex came into the picture. He was perfect. He treated me like I was a princess. It was us between the world. Then, he cheated on me. He said he was sorry, like a million times. Then, to find out, he was only dating me, so he wouldn't look like a loser at school." I paused to catch my breath. Chandler's eyes never left mine. He was so engaged. "Anyway, I got rid of him. Now he's back, but I'll get to that. Then, John called. My dad. He felt like he needed to see me. So I came down here. I know why he wanted to see me. He wants to rape me, Chandler. So before I left, I locked my self in my room. I started to cut." I took a break. I showed him my wrists. "Look, I understand if you don't want to be with me anymo-" Chandler's soft plum lips on mine. His seatbelt was unbuckled and he leaned me against the window, as he moved toward my neck, resting on a tender spot.
"I love you." He slipped out. "I love you too."
In the water park, we found a bench and laid out things on them, and we both headed for the two people rides. We locked hands, walking up the stairs to the biggest ride. After riding the rides a couple dozen times, we thought it'd be nice to go relax in the hot tubs for a bit. We walked along a pathway with beautiful trees, and flowers that led to a row of hot tubs in the ground. There wasn't anybody in them, but we got in the one further away from everything and everyone.
Once Chandler sat down, he pulled me closer to him, until I sat on his lap. He placed his hands on my cheeks and pulled me closer. Kissing, my hands on his chest, his on my waist, moving down to my butt. I let him though. The connection between us was like no other. I really loved Chandler.