Chapter Three

(Chandler's POV)
Harley and I arrived at my house. I opened the door for her. "Mom? Dad?" They looked up from the tv. "Hey sweetie. Who's this?" I looked at Harley. "This is Harley. She's my girlfriend." Harley's eyes got big. She looked at my parents. "Oh, nice to meet you, Harley." She smiled backed. "Um, some things happened with her dad. She's just gonna hangout with me for a while. Okay?" She looked at my dad. "That's fine, but she needs to be gone by two o'clock. Chandler?" I rolled my eyes. "Mom. She has no where to go." By this time Harley was in the bathroom washing up. "Her dad is giving her threats. Sexual threats, mom. She's scared to death. Just let her stay for a while. She can sleep on the couch." She crossed her arms. "Three days. If she still can't find somewhere else to go, then we find her help. Contact CPS. Understood?" I didn't. "No! We're not contacting Child Protective Services. Are you crazy? Look, she lives in Virginia. She's here for the summer, with her dad that left them when she was eight. Cut her some slack." Harley came downstairs. "Hey. Let's go watch a movie downstairs." I put my arm around her and we walked downstairs.

(Harley's POV)
I acted like I didn't know they were talking about me. "It's nice here. I like it." I smiled up at him. "Thanks. You can stay the night. If you want." Should I? Where would I sleep? What would I wear? Eat? Uh, I was starving. "Uh no. It's fine. I wouldn't want to bother you and your parents." He stopped. "No. Stay. You'll be fine. Please?" I laughed. "Fine. Just for the night. I'll find somewhere else to go after that."
We sat down in the screening room, watching American Sniper. He put his arm around me and we covered up with a blanket. I whispered, "girlfriend?" He looked down, "girlfriend." I kissed him, his soft lips pressed against mine. It was magical. I had never felt this way before. "Let's go on a date. Tomorrow." I caught my breath. "Okay." He said in a whisper, while also catching his breath.
I woke up at six the next morning. Mrs.Riggs was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. I walked slowly and quietly to the half bath with my bag, and tried my best to look presentable with what little things I had with me. I checked my phone while brushing my teeth. Twenty three miss calls from my dad and five from my mom. I'll call mom back in a while. Once I was back on the couch, Chandler's mom walked in. "Goodmorin' sweetie. How are ya?" She stood at the wall. "Good. How are you?" She leaned on the wall. "Just fine. Honey, I just want to let you know that if you ever need anything, whether it be a ride or a friend to call I'm here. And if you really want to escape your father, then you need professional help." She winked at me, and came closer and grabbed my hands. "Okay. Thank you so much Mrs.Riggs. I appreciate it." She reached in for a hug. "And if you need to stay for a while, go ahead. Your not in the way." We came out of the hug, and Chandler walked down the steps. "Morning beautiful." He said proudly. He was in a tight plaid button up shirt and dark denim jeans. He looked really hot. I smiled at him as he came in to kiss me. Fresh mint breath into mine.
At the table, Mrs.Riggs had fixed pancakes, bacon, and eggs. I grabbed one pancake, and two pieces of bacon. No eggs. Chandler sat beside me. Then I heard a door shut. "Hey mom. Hey dad. I'm home." Who was that? "Did you have fun last night honey?" Mrs.Riggs asked. "Yeah,um who's that?" The little boy said stretching his words out. "Oh, this is Harley. My girlfriend. She's staying here for a while. Chandler cut in. "Harley, this is my annoying, obnoxious little brother, Grayson." He laughed.
It was ten o'clock and I was getting ready to go on a surprise date that Chandler wouldn't tell me about. All he said was to wear a bathing suit, but bring some clothes for afterward. For one, I didn't have a bathing suit, and two I sure as hell wasn't going back home to get on. I told Chandler and he went next door to the neighbors and got a bathing suit from their thirteen year old daughter. "Really?" I laughed. "Yes! Really. Come on put it on." He laughed. "Fine." I grabbed it from his hand and walked into the bathroom. I put my regular clothes on over the to small bikini. "Be back in a while." Chandler yelled to his mother. We got in his shinny blue Chevy truck. "Where are we going, Chandler?" I smiled as he gave me a kiss. "Just wait and see, darling."