Chapter Four (cont.)

(Amy's POV)
Harley was being a jackass the other day when I let her out of the truck to walk home, but I felt bad when I told her not to come back if she ever needed someone. I called and apologized to her and she said everything was good.
"My parents said you have to be out by tomorrow morning." Harley's face dropped.
"Oh, okay. I guess I need to call my mom. Thanks for everything, Amy. I appreciate it so much!" She was on the verge of tears.
(Harley's POV)
Great. I had no where else to go until my mom could come get me. It was a long drive down. It took about fourteen hours with all the traffic and weather conditions in late March.
"Mom?"
"Hey sweetie. You having fun?"
"Um, could you come get me? It's a long story. I'll explain on the way home. Please?"
"Honey, you weren't supposed to be home for another three weeks. I went on a trip with your step dad to Florida. I'm sorry Harley, but I can't."
"Please mom." By this time I was crying.
"Don't cry Harley. You can bare it out for three more weeks. Bond with your father. You haven't seen him in forever. I gotta go. Love you." She hung up.
I ditch the date with me and Eli last night, and I stayed in the park where I told Chandler about John. Once I woke up I walked down to Taco Bell. I had a couple dollars in my bag. I decided to just go inside and eat since I had no where else to go.
Once I had my breakfast, I sat down in a booth, covered in a blanket and ate my burrito.
(Chandler's POV)
My lips pressed firmly onto hers. Her hands moved up, playing and twisting my hair. I let out a moan. It felt good. My hands moved down to her hips. She pushed me down on my bed. Then, my mind set off to something totally different. Harley. I was imaging it was Harley who had her hands tight on my back, being able to kiss me the way I wanted to be kissed. I felt the guilt. I pushed back.
"I'm sorry. I can't do this."
"Wha-?"
"Look, I said no. I can't." I gestured toward the door.
"Whatever."
I needed to find Harley. Fast too. I grabbed my keys and went to get breakfast.
Last night, when I brought Amy home, I didn't think about anything. I wanted to get back at Harley, but I just couldn't.
I went through the drive thru at Taco Bell. I was waiting on my food, when a familiar face watched me. I peeked over. It was Harley, she had been crying. I grabbed my food, and parked the truck and walked in.
"Harley?"
She wiped her face off.
"Hey,Chandler." She grinned.
"Do you want a ride home or something? I hope your da- John, worked everything out." I said in hope he didn't still give her threats. "I'm fine. And no, we haven't worked out things. He moved away. He left me here." She gave a fake smile.
"Come on." I grabbed her hand.
Harley was wrapped up in her blanket, with her hair in a cute top knot. I patted her hand as it laid rested.
"Tell me what's wrong." I looked over at her.
She shook her head back and forth. Her lips became puffy, trying to hd back the tears. She bursted.
"I'm losing it! Everything! I've already lost part of it. First my respect for my father, my fathers respect for me, you, hell, I've lost myself. I don't even have a place to stay for three weeks." She was sobbing. I let her continue. "Chandler, all I have is what's left of me, and Amy. And she's even been acting weird lately. I just- I-" She took a deep breath. "I don't want to be here anymore. I sick of all the shit I've been through. I want to go home and never come back to this hell hole." That actually made me feel awkward when she called Atlanta and hell hole.
"Harley. You want to be here in this world. Maybe not here. Maybe not even in Virginia, but you want to be here. Trust me."
"Look. You want the truth? Here it is. I don't want to be in Virginia. I don't want to be here. I want to be by myself, somewhere far away from people that I know. That is what I want. I don't need help from other people. I'm fucking sixteen years old. I can drive, I can go to school, I can live on my own. As long as the government don't find out."
God she was hot.
We were at the local park, sitting at a picnic table talking. I lowered my voice.
"I need you Harley. I love you. I've always loved you. From the first time I seen you, I've loved you." I told her. She had a confused look in her face.
"Please give me another chance."
I leaned in giving her a hug for comfort. She let go of the hug and her big plumed lips pressed against mine.
After the kiss was over I looked around. We didn't seem to draw attention to anyone. Except Amy. She must have been babysitting and took Miles to the park. She had told me last night. Shit.
"Let's go back to my place. Come on."
Shit. She was walking over toward us.
"Hey. Chandler, Harley, looks like you two are a thing again. Um, can I talk to you Chandler?"
"Uh, sure Amy." I gave her a fake smile and unlocked my hands from Harley's.
"What do you want?"
"I want to know what that was. We were about to have sex this morning. You stopped me. Is this why? Because of that slut? Because I'll go beat her ass, if it is."
"Amy! No. I don't like you. Just move." I walked around her and she followed. She raised her voice.
"No. Let me tell you this. Let's tell you little girl here the story. Matter of fact let's tell social media too. I'll video it."
She pulled out her phone and started recording.
"So, Chandler. We went to a party last night. I let Harley stay at my place. She didn't want to go. We hung out though. Had some drinks. Got a little tipsy. Next thing I know, I woke up this morning in your bed. I woke you up. You started making out with me. Almost got to second base. Then you pulled back. You stopped. Said you couldn't. Made me leave. I told you I had to babysit. That was just some lame excuse. I'm not a babysitter. Obviously I'm a partier, a drinker, and hell, I hook up with man whores apparently. According to what happened last night and this morning. So, you still love Chandler, Harley?"
She ended the video. Harley gave it back though.
(Harley's POV)
"You son of a fucking bitch. I really could care less what he did six hours ago. If you're really that mad that we kissed, then kiss him yourself. I know that in my heart he wouldn't feel shit. Well, he'd feel it on his lips." Amy's jaw dropped open.
"So go on. Kiss him. And fyi, even if you almost didn't get to second base, I know he only did it because he wanted to get back at me for breaking up with him. I'm glad i found out this way." I paused.
"Let's go back to your place, babe." I grabbed his hand and we walked away, with Amy staring at us like we were hot. I mean of course Chandler is, but me? I was in pajamas and my hair was in a messy bun, and I had big dark circles under my eyes and no makeup.
I just looked sexy didn't I?