8

Penelope and Josie are sitting in the corner of the library they've claimed as their own, it's early morning and part of the routine they've found themselves in is to just relax in the library on Sunday mornings.

Josie is reading a book with Penelope's chin resting on her shoulder skimming the words over Josie's shoulder as she flips through the pages. Penelope is still sleepily blinking over Josie's shoulder, sometimes closing her eyes and scooting closer to Josie for a quick nap. Eventually Penelope pulls her legs up on to Josie's lap and rests her eyes while her girlfriend reads.

They can faintly hear Hope and Lizzie bickering from the hall and Penelope mumbles into Josie's ear, "They need to work their shit out."

Josie giggles, "I know. You should've heard Lizzie the other night. They fought like, in the middle of their date." She turns and kisses Penelope's forehead. Now that Josie and Penelope have their 'stuff' worked out, they have become the more steady couple where Hope and Lizzie have become the on and off couple that fights every other week.

Her girlfriend leans into her, snuggling up and pressing her nose against Josie's neck. "Love you" Penelope mumbles into her skin and Josie squirms.

Josie moves to wrap an arm around Penelope's shoulder and pull her even closer just as Hope and Lizzie come flying into the library yelling after each other and Penelope quickly cloaks her and Josie.

"So we can spy" she whispers and looks up at the two girls. 

"I am not jealous!" Lizzie basically screams and Penelope laughs dryly. Josie smacks her shoulder half-heartedly, mostly because she can't help but laugh at her sister either, who is obviously jealous. 

"You know what Lizzie, I don't care if you are. Why can't we just stop fighting over nothing for five fucking minutes?" Hope stops and turns, exasperated, and Penelope "oohs" in reaction. "Lizzie isn't gonna like that." Penelope turns, eyebrow quirked. 

"Maybe this cloaking wasn't a good idea..." Josie whispers and Penelope nods quickly. 

"Hope! We wouldn't be fighting if you would just listen!!" 

Hope falls into a chair at the end of the table, looking up at Lizzie expectantly. She waves her hand, "Okay...I'm listening" she says in a way that makes it obvious she does not want to listen. 

"Getting a little snippy there, Hopey." she comments and looks to Lizzie for her reaction. 

"I don't want to listen. It feels wrong." Josie covers her ears and pouts at Penelope. Penelope scoffs, "Of course you don't." she presses a kiss to Josie's cheek, "you're too nice, JoJo"

Josie's cheeks flush and Penelope gets up, "Come on, we can sneak past them with another spell or-" Josie drops her book and it makes a loud slam as it hits the floor.

She looks to Penelope with an apologetic look on her face, and Lizzie and Hope both turn to the corner of the room. "What was that" Lizzie inches closer and Josie starts to panic.

"What do we do" she turns around and paces in the small space. "Relax Jo just, um..." Penelope draws out and looks around Josie's shoulder. 

In the end Penelope turns them, pushing Josie against the wall and kissing her as a distraction. Josie can't complain, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend's neck and pulling her in closer. 

"There's nobody here, Lizzie!" Hope calls out as Lizzie inches closer and pushes her hand through the border of Penelope's spell.

"Obviously there is! Just because you think I'm a crazy idiot doesn't mean it's true."

"I never said that!"

 Penelope laughs into Josie's mouth, "I'm sorry, do you hear them?"

Josie only grumbles, "I was trying not to. I don't like meddling as much as you do." she pulls Penelope back in as Lizzie takes down the border of Penelope's spell.

Penelope laughs, but sees the spell come down and pulls Josie's lips back onto hers with a  hum. 

"Ew! It's just satan and my sister" Lizzie scowls and Josie giggles as she pulls away. Penelope drops her head down to Josie's shoulder and Josie wraps her arms around her back.

"I didn't even know you were in here, Liz" Josie lies, and Penelope is impressed at her girlfriend's lying; she's always been a horrific liar, especially to her sister.

"Oh great, so you didn't hear me and Hope arguing like we have been since we woke up." Lizzie sighs and Penelope groans into Josie's shoulder, because she did hear it, and didn't want to hear Lizzie's description of it.

She turns to face Lizzie as Hope walks in, and Josie pulls her back against her body. 

"Morning" Hope says, pulling a stressed face over Lizzie's shoulder, and Penelope bites back a chuckle. 

"You know, it's unfair that you guys don't ever fight. You would think you would, it's only fair." Lizzie starts a rant and Penelope opens her mouth to snap back, but Josie covers it with her hand before she can say anything. 

"Just because you don't know how to communicate doesn't mean you have to harass us." Josie quirks an eyebrow at her sister, who scoffs and storms off. Penelope, on the other hand, is proud of her girlfriend for saying exactly what she was going to say.

"Great, thanks." Hope says and walks off after Lizzie.

Penelope tilts her head up at Josie with a small smile, "Love you JoJo." Josie mirrors her smile and leans down to kiss her, "Love you more" she mumbles against her lips.

I feel like this is SOOOO shitty but I kind of like how it turned out....anyway I just started a new Posie story to ao3 that I realllllly love so check it out :))))))))

thx for reading <3